Alberta 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Alberta 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alberta 2012  (Read 88713 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 25, 2012, 10:32:21 PM »

I know this is out of topic, and kind of silly to ask, but is Alberta is to Canada, like what the Southern US is to the USA?

All I know that province is all Con without any hope for any other party.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

Alberta is more like Texas or Montana.

I've been told its more OK or UT than TX or MT, but to me it's more like Alabama or Georgia.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can see, but you know the US South is BOTH Libertarian and Populist, and I don't see how Ontario is like the US South, I find it more like CA or NY.

I see Houston more like Calgary because of the oil industries, but unlike Calgary; Houston is liberal inner-city proper with conservative suburbs. Calgary seems to be conservative all over no matter where.

BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2012, 09:59:41 PM by BaldEagle1991 »

If analogous with America, then it would have to be Utah just based on voting patterns with a central city that every once in a while doesn't vote Republican.

I may have to agree with you slightly there. I don't know why people compare Alberta to Texas anyway, other than oil and cattle they have NOTHING in common.

Not entirely some of Houston's neighboorhoods that are mostly White like The Heights, Montrose, and Midtown vote Democratic.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:13 AM »

If analogous with America, then it would have to be Utah just based on voting patterns with a central city that every once in a while doesn't vote Republican.

I may have to agree with you slightly there. I don't know why people compare Alberta to Texas anyway, other than oil and cattle they have NOTHING in common.

Not entirely some of Houston's neighboorhoods that are mostly White like The Heights, Montrose, and Midtown vote Democratic.
I looked over Dave's map and there are maybe 10 precints which are majority white and democratic total in DFW, and maybe same in Houston. Austin is better in that regard obviously. Still need a few more years before the white city dwellers in Texas get accustomed to urban problems.

What map of precincts? I'm new and need to know where.

As for the white city dwellers, they are already accustomed to urban problems, and for that they'll likely move out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies