Freedom lovers beware (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Freedom lovers beware (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Freedom lovers beware  (Read 1891 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 12, 2011, 02:04:39 AM »

The Mideast Assembly has proposed the following.
They are eager to tax you and waste your hard earned money on deceitful propaganda courtesy of the far right. If you are a citizen of the Mideast, stand up and voice your opinion! We can defeat this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:14:46 AM »

At least they're not trying to ban it this time. Baby steps!

Haha yeah. I am going to admit I love how they pursue ideological policies, try other more pragmatic restrictions to work around political reality, etc. It is good for the game to have dedicated agendas and policy goals, no matter whetger or not I agree with the policies. I wish people were more interested in such things nationally.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:27:19 AM »

This thread is an honest surprise to me.

Why is that?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:14:10 AM »

See, Napoleon. You have perfectly the right to disagree with any policy proposal, but your constantly demonizing some perfectly reasonable ones with such silly hyperboles, is the reason why a lot of people find you so annoying.

I'm just saying, the right is trying to cut doctor's pay by 3% but there's enough money for a cannabis prevention center? I don't get it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:12 PM »

I believed that many wanted to legalize marijuana in order to tax it and control it within the legal structure. I assumed that this legislative proposal was in line with such thinking. We already have state-supported anti-smoking and anti-drunkenness initiatives, so I don't see the problem with a Cannabis Prevention Center. I assume you would also oppose further taxation upon alcohol or cigarettes?

This proposal sounds sensible to me. I support keeping cannabis legal, as I do alcohol and tobacco products- I myself am a pipe smoker.  But governments are empowered to tax these products, and governments have the right to inform their people of the harms of such things.

I don't support sin taxes of any kind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies