Is it hilarious Titanic 3D is being marketed as "from the director of Avatar"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:25:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is it hilarious Titanic 3D is being marketed as "from the director of Avatar"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hilarious Titanic 3D is being marketed as "from the director of Avatar"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Is it hilarious Titanic 3D is being marketed as "from the director of Avatar"?  (Read 920 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »

I mean I don't like the movie at all and am pretty annoyed at the no doubt massive coming trend of re-releasing movies in 3D (the entire Star Wars series will starting next summer with The Phantom Menace which I'm definitely missing, do you seriously want to see Jar Jar Binks in 3D?), but that marketing is seriously lol.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »

I really am not a fan of "3D" movies as they're currently done.  The whole system both in theatres and on TVs results in a lower image resolution and a much darker picture.  "3D" films also hurt my eyes.

At best they're a sort of unnecessary though neat effect...look at this pickaxe going through this poor schlep's eye...etc.

Just bought Avatar on bluray...waited until it was on sale and I had massive amounts of Best Buy money.  I hate Titanic.
The Mikado
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »

Titanic is actually pretty OK.  Liked it a lot better than Avatar (which I hated).

I strongly disapprove of 3Ding old movies, and it so blatantly rings of desperation to milk every last penny out of the dying 3D craze before it shuts down completely.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »

I strongly disapprove of 3Ding old movies, and it so blatantly rings of desperation to milk every last penny out of the dying 3D craze before it shuts down completely.

Agreed. Also, seeing as those movies weren't made for 3D it really emphasizes 3D as a gimmick rather than an additional layer to the experience.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

Yeah it's one thing to film movies in 3D, it's another thing to convert movies filmed traditionally to 3D.

Some of the latest movies put out in 3D were pretty dumb for 3D too. Why should a Harold and Kumar movie be in 3D?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

Titanic is actually pretty OK.  Liked it a lot better than Avatar (which I hated).

Unfortunately, 3D isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's huge overseas.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »

Titanic is actually pretty OK.  Liked it a lot better than Avatar (which I hated).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »

So it's this board's consensus that 3D is just a fad and not a permanent fixture like talkies or color? I don't see many movies at all, so I don't have an opinion. I've seen a few 3D intro films at museums but never a full length 3D movie in a theater. I know a guy who bought a 3D tv a couple years back when they first became available and were the hot thing to get at Best Buy. You'd think ESPN and Discovery would be producing more tv programming in 3D. Go figure.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »

There's really no sensible artistic reason to make 3D movies since the brain fills in the third dimension for any sufficiently lifelike (as in, decent animation/representative painting or better) image, especially a moving one.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »

There's really no sensible artistic reason to make 3D movies since the brain fills in the third dimension for any sufficiently lifelike (as in, decent animation/representative painting or better) image, especially a moving one.

That's probably the strangest thing about the recent explosion of 3D: we already see movies in 3D. Based on the definition of the term used in the video game industry, probably every movie ever made has been in 3D.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »

It's funny, but amazingly, there's probably a bunch of new gen PG-13ers who never heard of Titanic as either a movie or an historical event.

Titanic and Avatar are both good on one viewing where you don't notice the flaws.  Though acting wise Avatar definitely should have gotten a Razzie for worst cast.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: