Obama betrays his youth base again!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:02:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama betrays his youth base again!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama betrays his youth base again!  (Read 1828 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

Wait, never mind, he's concretely improved the lies of 2.5 million of them, my mistake.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/14/obama-health-care-law_n_1148762.html
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:58:40 AM »

Obama's voting base gets to freeload off better men and women. Congrats?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:01:39 AM »

Did...did you just imply a direct correlation between age and worth as a person?

Jesus Christ. I knew about the 'economic productivity as conventionally defined=human worth' thing, but that is just insane.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:08:12 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 01:20:00 AM by night society »

Did...did you just imply a direct correlation between age and worth as a person?

Jesus Christ. I knew about the 'economic productivity as conventionally defined=human worth' thing, but that is just insane.

As pissed off as simfan makes me (as usual) you have to admit "until 26" is pretty ridiculous. Why even have an age limit at all if you're just going to go that route? Well okay, I think we both know why. Yet another reason I'm seriously considering moving to Canada now. Far from ideal but at least they're not the enormous black joke on humanity that is modern America.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 01:22:33 AM »

As pissed off as simfan makes me (as usual) you have to admit "until 26" is pretty ridiculous. Why even have an age limit at all if you're just going to go that route? Well okay, I think we both know why. Yet another reason I'm seriously considering moving to Canada now. Far from ideal but at least they're not the enormous black joke on humanity that is modern America.

That's krazen, not simfan, who's a reasonably tolerable human being.

I'm considering moving to Canada as well, but possibly for different reasons; and I don't think the '26' thing makes any sense either, but that's because I support a system with a public option anyway.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 01:25:11 AM »

That's krazen, not simfan, who's a reasonably tolerable human being.

I'm considering moving to Canada as well, but possibly for different reasons; and I don't think the '26' thing makes any sense either, but that's because I support a system with a public option anyway.

F**k, after awhile all the avatars blur together. Sorry man.

Anyway, that's far from the biggest one. I can think of much more. Mostly it's just what my gut tells me I should really be doing, call me a rat looking past the iceberg if you want.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 01:44:43 AM »

Nope. The original post referred to the under 26 crowd as Obama's voting base. The employers of the parents of these people of course are the ones providing for the now quantified 2.5 million freeloaders.

Oh well, at least its not off the taxpayer.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 01:46:43 AM »

The sad part is that the average Republican voter thinks like krazen.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:37:54 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 02:41:29 AM by Nathan »

Nope. The original post referred to the under 26 crowd as Obama's voting base. The employers of the parents of these people of course are the ones providing for the now quantified 2.5 million freeloaders.

Oh well, at least its not off the taxpayer.

Okay, so we're back to directly equating economic productivity with human worth. Still sociopathic and terrifying, but not the uncharted territory that I was briefly excited by the idea that you had reached.

No, the sad part is that [there was content here, but it was long and despairing; simply, a scream, more than which scarcely needs, I think, be said].
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »

What's most amusing about this is there is no way krazen can be over 26 himself.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 03:03:51 AM »

What's most amusing about this is there is no way krazen can be over 26 himself.

Yeah, I was wondering how old he was.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 03:05:54 AM »

As am I.  He's probably living at home with health insurance from his parents.  And in his disjointed version of reality, it's okay for him to freeload... because he's gonna be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE someday and vote Republican (when he turns 18)... unlike those evil dirty college aged librul hipster kids who just freeload because they're lazy and just won't get a job.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 03:09:49 AM »

As am I.  He's probably living at home with health insurance from his parents.  And in his disjointed version of reality, it's okay for him to freeload... because he's gonna be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE someday and vote Republican (when he turns 18)... unlike those evil dirty college aged librul hipster kids who just freeload because they're lazy and just won't get a job.

Don't forget those evil teachers and public sector employees who are obviously all lazy jerkoffs who never do any work and just take home fat paychecks thanks to the criminal union bosses manipulating the system and rip off good hard working taxpaying 'muricans like him.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 03:14:06 AM »

Don't forget those evil teachers and public sector employees who are obviously all lazy jerkoffs who never do any work and just take home fat paychecks thanks to the criminal union bosses manipulating the system and rip off good hard working taxpaying 'muricans like him.

He also has it in for judges, perhaps unsurprisingly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »

The whole idea of making people buy health insurance without providing it is ridiculous and ass-backwards. But of course it has to be this way because our political system is such that nothing can actually happen.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »

Nope. I'm just under 26 but I have my own employer provided health insurance. I have no desire to be a lazy freeloader; if I did, I would just vote Democrat.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »

That's certainly not the sad part. Your party encourages freeloading; you might as well do it properly.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:53 AM »

The best part about giving stuff away for free is that no one has to pay for this!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 11:40:16 AM by DrScholl »

When conservatives can't rebut something, they going into manifesto, very scary stuff.

If parents want to keep their children on their insurance until they are 26, that is their choice and they should allowed to, it is not any right-wingers choice to make. Get it?
Link
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Nope. I'm just under 26 but I have my own employer provided health insurance. I have no desire to be a lazy freeloader; if I did, I would just vote Democrat.

What you are krazen1211 is not one of the most educated people for your age.  Let's see what life is like for a heavy weight academic acheiver...

High school 4 yrs   18 yrs old
College 4 yrs  22 yrs old
Medical school 4 yrs 26 yrs old!

krazen1211 is the perfect example of personal responsibility and doctors are "lazy freeloaders."  Wow.  Does anyone still question why sometimes I just go into the voting booth and vote straight ticket Democrat and call it a day?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 02:19:33 PM by krazen1211 »

As am I.  He's probably living at home with health insurance from his parents.  And in his disjointed version of reality, it's okay for him to freeload... because he's gonna be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE someday and vote Republican (when he turns 18)... unlike those evil dirty college aged librul hipster kids who just freeload because they're lazy and just won't get a job.

What you are krazen1211 is not one of the most educated people for your age.  Let's see what life is like for a heavy weight academic acheiver...

High school 4 yrs   18 yrs old
College 4 yrs  22 yrs old

krazen1211 is the perfect example of personal responsibility and doctors are "lazy freeloaders."  Wow.  Does anyone still question why sometimes I just go into the voting booth and vote straight ticket Democrat and call it a day?

Factually inaccurate. Someone in high school, college, or medical school is not a doctor.

Certainly if you are a freeloader, I would not at all question why you vote straight ticket Democrat. It benefits you.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »

When conservatives can't rebut something, they going into manifesto, very scary stuff.

If parents want to keep their children on their insurance until they are 26, that is their choice and they should allowed to, it is not any right-wingers choice to make. Get it?

25 year olds are not children. They might behave like such of course if Uncle Barry is providing for them.
Link
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »

As am I.  He's probably living at home with health insurance from his parents.  And in his disjointed version of reality, it's okay for him to freeload... because he's gonna be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE someday and vote Republican (when he turns 18)... unlike those evil dirty college aged librul hipster kids who just freeload because they're lazy and just won't get a job.

What you are krazen1211 is not one of the most educated people for your age.  Let's see what life is like for a heavy weight academic achiever...

High school 4 yrs   18 yrs old
College 4 yrs  22 yrs old

krazen1211 is the perfect example of personal responsibility and doctors are "lazy freeloaders."  Wow.  Does anyone still question why sometimes I just go into the voting booth and vote straight ticket Democrat and call it a day?

Factually inaccurate. Someone in high school, college, or medical school is not a doctor.

Certainly if you are a freeloader, I would not at all question why you vote straight ticket Democrat. It benefits you.

So if you are premed or a medical school student you are a "lazy freeloader."  Riiiiggghht.  Your arguments in this thread are obvious partisan hackery.  It's embarrassing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »

25 year olds are not children. They might behave like such of course if Uncle Barry is providing for them.

Look, I wasn't saying 25 year old people are children in the age sense, I was using the word in the sense that of the parent-child relationship. I think you knew that, though.

You are completely avoiding the fact that it is a parents choice. College graduates can't likely afford insurance until after graduate school, so some parents choose to help out their kids.

It's none of your business what parents choose to keep their children on their insurance until 26, they pay the premiums and there are certainly no obligations. It's not coming out of your pocket, so it doesn't concern you.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »

Yeah, I really don't understand the conservative objections here at all. Giving parents the option of paying for their kids' health insurance until they're 25 is "Uncle Barry providing for freeloaders," somehow? I don't understand the logic that it's entirely acceptable for a high school senior to be covered by their family's health insurance, but as soon as they become a college freshman they're a lazy freeloader... could someone explain that for me, please?

Honestly, what's wrong with giving parents the option to pay for a young adult son or daughter's health insurance? For a lot of people in that age range it's really the only way they can expect to be covered, unless they are so poor they could qualify for Medicaid. I mean, I think it'd be irresponsible for a family to continue providing health insurance for a child who has the ability to pay for it on their own, but ultimately that's the parent's decision, not the government's. Since when are conservatives fine with the government telling parents how to raise their family?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies