Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)  (Read 3938 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:03:24 AM »
« edited: December 19, 2011, 11:12:57 PM by bgwah »

have fun
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:27:50 AM »

Question: What is your vision of the office? What should be SoIA primary concerns?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »

Thank you President Snowguy for having confidence in me.

Politico, first, thank you for providing your insight on the US Presidential race - I completely agree with you that Mitt Romney has to win the GOP nomination.

My vision of the SoIA is to make it relevent. Consistant activity has always been a problem for this office. At this point, I have no electoral aspirations in Atlasia, and unless something completely unplanned occurs in real world, I will be fully committed to this position for at least the remainder of this term, if not beyond that.

As SoIA, my primary goal will be to work with the Game Moderator to help assist both regional and federal governments, such as working on completing the Mideast budget. I think one way to give a real boost to our regional legislatures is to actually give them issues to work on. I believe I have a very good relationship with Shua, so working with him won't be a problem for me. I also look to at least have a new story out each week, which will either reflect off real-world events, creating a new scenario, or creating an event based off a bill discussed/passed by the Senate or a regional legislature.

Sorry if this post was kinda scattered. Wink I'll be more than happy to answer any more questions.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:35:13 PM »

Let's confirm him. Because we have a help wanted sign up for this position, senators shouldn't let any petty past differences hold up tmth's confirmation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

Politico, first, thank you for providing your insight on the US Presidential race - I completely agree with you that Mitt Romney has to win the GOP nomination.

lol
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:19:42 AM »

Do you have any specific stories in mind, for if you do get confirmed?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

Do you have any specific stories in mind, for if you do get confirmed?

Thank you for your question. Likely, in the next few days, I'll have a "strategy session" with Shua to form a gameplan on what we're going to do. I also plan to spend some time this weekend going through each regional legislature and coming up with a list of issues that are being discussed in each region, and from there, form stories to post for each region, as well as federal issues.

At the present time, I'm in a car traveling home from a basketball game (We won!!!), so I can't get you any of the specific ideas I have at home, but I promise you at some point this weekend, I'll get you some specifics.

Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »

Right now, I'd probably try and do a story about the potential court case in the Northeast about Simfan not being on the ballot. I would also do a Mideast story on a current bill which would raise the tax on marijuana, and would probably post a poll on where voters stand. I also plan on doing some more reading on the Right to Work bill being discussed in the IDS, and would post a story on that.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »

Guess I'm voting against this nominee. Lovely.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »

The 72 hour questioning period has ended. We're now voting on the nominee.

...aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Remembering the whole GTO Ambassador thing and considering answers given in this thread, an unfortunate Nay.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

Remembering the whole GTO Ambassador thing and considering answers given in this thread, an unfortunate Nay.

Absurd.  Tmthforu94 was an excellent GTO Ambassador; he played an important role in the internal working of the DoEA, as well as his work in expanding the GTO to include South Sudan and Somaliland.  Don't pretend this is anything other than a personal vote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:58 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 05:54:27 PM by No Good Napoleon »

Absurd.  Tmthforu94 was an excellent GTO Ambassador; he played an important role in the internal working of the DoEA, as well as his work in expanding the GTO to include South Sudan and Somaliland.  Don't pretend this is anything other than a personal vote.

I opposed expanding the GTO. That doesn't matter though. He said he would make that office relevant and didn't. This is the same old. I don't like the idea that the Northeast needs a SoIA story about a potential court case when Tmthforu has already shown his lack of knowledge regarding Northeast affairs. Give me a nominee who is willing to grind out the data. The Northeast needs a good and dedicated SoIA.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »

SoIA should just be abolished. Y'all kicking around a dead horse here.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 08:47:36 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Deleted my entire response. Nevermind.

Reject me, so Napoleon can have his way. Seriously. This is just a reminder why I started hating this game back over the summer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »

Personally I despise    the nominee, but I see no valid political argument to vote against him.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »

2-1 atm.

The Senate had been very active for a month or two there. Half of you disappeared rather abruptly... I guess it is the holidays.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 09:37:21 PM »

Aye
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »

I'm shocked people are going against Napoleons wishes. Even though there is almost no interest in this position and it would likely sit vacant for quite a while, that still would be better than putting a mean bully in there. Vacancy>>>>Tmth
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 11:55:20 PM »

Aye
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2011, 09:22:47 AM by Nathan »

Aye.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 01:16:42 AM »

I want to vote for the nominee but he's not comporting himself very well.

Pointedly abstain.

Everywhere else on this forum, I really want to like you, but you are standing out in the Senate as much as beige wallpaper.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »

Pointedly abstain.

Everywhere else on this forum, I really want to like you, but you are standing out in the Senate as much as beige wallpaper.

Didn't your stunning maturity cost you some confirmation votes before? Roll Eyes

I'd have voted Aye for this nominee until he posted his "ideas" regarding my region.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 01:32:19 AM »

Aye
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2011, 01:35:26 AM by Marokai Breakneck »

Pointedly abstain.

Didn't your stunning maturity cost you some confirmation votes before? Roll Eyes

I'd have voted Aye for this nominee until he posted his "ideas" regarding my region.

It's not like Isaac is some sort of new face around these parts that we just don't know very well. We both know him, his history, and his positions on everything around here. This idea that there's some sort of shocking new revelations coming out about him in the eleventh hour that would obviously impede his ability to do the job of SoIA, is preposterous.

I would rather have someone in the position than no one in the position, and I think Tmth will do just fine. Hell, I would rather have a controversial SoIA just to make the position noticeable.

I've never cared about someone's attitude in these confirmation threads. Just their ability to do their jobs fairly and competently. Whether my "stunning maturity" cost me votes from people who, shockingly, already mostly disliked me in the past, doesn't matter. Brief though my time in the GM position was, I kicked ass in that job. Would you really have rather me not been there because I didn't kiss your hands or curtsey? Are you seriously willing to do the same thing here?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies