Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)  (Read 3973 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »

Thank you President Snowguy for having confidence in me.

Politico, first, thank you for providing your insight on the US Presidential race - I completely agree with you that Mitt Romney has to win the GOP nomination.

My vision of the SoIA is to make it relevent. Consistant activity has always been a problem for this office. At this point, I have no electoral aspirations in Atlasia, and unless something completely unplanned occurs in real world, I will be fully committed to this position for at least the remainder of this term, if not beyond that.

As SoIA, my primary goal will be to work with the Game Moderator to help assist both regional and federal governments, such as working on completing the Mideast budget. I think one way to give a real boost to our regional legislatures is to actually give them issues to work on. I believe I have a very good relationship with Shua, so working with him won't be a problem for me. I also look to at least have a new story out each week, which will either reflect off real-world events, creating a new scenario, or creating an event based off a bill discussed/passed by the Senate or a regional legislature.

Sorry if this post was kinda scattered. Wink I'll be more than happy to answer any more questions.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

Do you have any specific stories in mind, for if you do get confirmed?

Thank you for your question. Likely, in the next few days, I'll have a "strategy session" with Shua to form a gameplan on what we're going to do. I also plan to spend some time this weekend going through each regional legislature and coming up with a list of issues that are being discussed in each region, and from there, form stories to post for each region, as well as federal issues.

At the present time, I'm in a car traveling home from a basketball game (We won!!!), so I can't get you any of the specific ideas I have at home, but I promise you at some point this weekend, I'll get you some specifics.

Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »

Right now, I'd probably try and do a story about the potential court case in the Northeast about Simfan not being on the ballot. I would also do a Mideast story on a current bill which would raise the tax on marijuana, and would probably post a poll on where voters stand. I also plan on doing some more reading on the Right to Work bill being discussed in the IDS, and would post a story on that.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 08:47:36 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Deleted my entire response. Nevermind.

Reject me, so Napoleon can have his way. Seriously. This is just a reminder why I started hating this game back over the summer.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »

I'm shocked people are going against Napoleons wishes. Even though there is almost no interest in this position and it would likely sit vacant for quite a while, that still would be better than putting a mean bully in there. Vacancy>>>>Tmth
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »

Nathan, you didn't say one word about any of this during the hearing. I would have been happy to have adressed your concerns.

I wouldn't just write about the pending court case as SoIA, but I can assure you I would have an unbiased opinion. I don't particularly stand one way or another on the constitutionality of it - I just stated my disappointment that someone who campaigned so hard won't be on the ballot.

Why don't you all just change your vote to Nay? Because having NO SoIA is a heckuva lot better than having Tmth as SoIA.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »

The potential of a courtcase between Simfan and the Northeast.

Would it really be harmful, though, Nathan, in the meantime to actually give someone a chance at SoIA who wants to see it succeed? You could have said that was your original reason for voting abstain, instead of saying it was only because I wasn't comporting myself well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:46 PM »

Thank you to the 6 Senators who were willing to give me a chance, rather than let this position sit vacant for weeks. And to the 3 who didn't vote, ill just pretend you felt the same way. Wink

Finals end Wednesday for me, and that's when I hope to get down to business. I also hope you'll be able to excuse my absence Christmas weekend - no one would probably be around to read it anyways. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies