Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:01:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)  (Read 3985 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 18, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2011, 09:22:47 AM by Nathan »

Aye.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2011, 08:53:50 AM by Nathan »

I want to vote for the nominee but he's not comporting himself very well.

Pointedly abstain.

Everywhere else on this forum, I really want to like you, but you are standing out in the Senate as much as beige wallpaper.

Yes, well, I'm a full-time university student, I just finished finals, I'm not sleeping well, and I have a mousy personality in pretty much any context that can't be spun as academic, which is unlikely to change even if I start introducing legislation, which I intend to as soon as we get underway with our newly-elected members in January. Sorry.

I'm abstaining because this hearing has been completely ridiculous and childish. The nominee hasn't behaved notably worse than my colleagues and I certainly don't dislike him, so I won't vote no; the goings-on have failed to convince me that there is any reason for him to be SoIA, so I won't vote yes. I agree that we should abolish this position if it's such a damn hardship.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2011, 09:11:15 AM by Nathan »

My concerns are with the way we, as a government, were behaving during the hearing. It didn't strike me as the sort of thing that could have been changed by the most junior Senator in the body asking for a halt to these asinine feuds that have been going for a lot longer than I have. It was also not a substantive concern that could be questioned about, since it had precisely to do with how the hearing was itself being done.

I agree with you substantively on the ballot access issue in question and I have no actual active objection to you becoming Secretary of Internal Affairs, which is why, as I said, I did not vote no. I hold nothing against you or anybody else involved in this outside the situation itself and my putting my dismay at this process on the record was not meant to imply otherwise.

I have however introduced legislation to abolish the office, which both Napoleon and Marokai have expressed a desire to do.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2011, 09:23:25 AM by Nathan »

I'm sorry for how I phrased that. I should have made it clearer that I didn't think anybody was comporting themselves well. I was annoyed at you just because you were the nominee in question and the one being voted on, so sorry about that.

I think my annoyance at how this has gone is well and truly on the record by now so I will change my vote to Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies