Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:09:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: tmthforu94 for SoIA (confirmed)  (Read 3979 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 18, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »

Guess I'm voting against this nominee. Lovely.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Remembering the whole GTO Ambassador thing and considering answers given in this thread, an unfortunate Nay.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:58 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 05:54:27 PM by No Good Napoleon »

Remembering the whole GTO Ambassador thing and considering answers given in this thread, an unfortunate Nay.

Absurd.  Tmthforu94 was an excellent GTO Ambassador; he played an important role in the internal working of the DoEA, as well as his work in expanding the GTO to include South Sudan and Somaliland.  Don't pretend this is anything other than a personal vote.

I opposed expanding the GTO. That doesn't matter though. He said he would make that office relevant and didn't. This is the same old. I don't like the idea that the Northeast needs a SoIA story about a potential court case when Tmthforu has already shown his lack of knowledge regarding Northeast affairs. Give me a nominee who is willing to grind out the data. The Northeast needs a good and dedicated SoIA.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »

I want to vote for the nominee but he's not comporting himself very well.

Pointedly abstain.

Everywhere else on this forum, I really want to like you, but you are standing out in the Senate as much as beige wallpaper.

Didn't your stunning maturity cost you some confirmation votes before? Roll Eyes

I'd have voted Aye for this nominee until he posted his "ideas" regarding my region.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 01:42:06 AM »

There were new revelations, namely, his idea to make a story about something that he has shown himself to be ignorant on. Ironically, I said just that in my previous post.

If the position is so unloved that a liberal president has to ask a conservative to be in charge of internal affairs, and that a Senate has to confirm because "no one else will do it" then I say abolish the damn thing. The position clearly isn't working as intended.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »

What pending court case?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies