Help needed for 2012 National Congressional Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Help needed for 2012 National Congressional Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help needed for 2012 National Congressional Map  (Read 29406 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »

Miles, did you put Roskam as lean GOP?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:35 PM »

Making my own right now, changes so far:

CO-06 - Tossup > Lean GOP Coffman seems like a reasonable guy. Obama could sink him of course, but that is the only way I see him losing. Now if Tancredo were still here, it would be strong Dem.
IA-04 - Tossup > Lean GOP  King is weak, but he is still an incumbent
ILL-06 - Lean GOP > Strong GOP Roskam is a strong GOP incumbent in a GOP pack seat
ILL-13? - Tossup > Lean GOP Need more information, but from what I read earlier, it didn't sound like things were going that well in getting Johnson ousted, but we'll see.
NV-03 - Tossup > Lean GOP Heck will have a tough race, but most of the reviews of his campaign ability I have seen are positive.
NV-04 - Lean Dem > Strong Dem I don't think the GOP is even gonna try here, not with Presidential turnout
UT-02? - Strong Dem > to Lean Dem. It is a heavily GOP seat, in a presidential year, and it is newly redrawn. Sure, Matheson is all that and has been through this before, but I am not ready to declare it a certainty.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »

Yes. He's running in a 51% Obama district down from 56%. Probably Strong R.

Aside from gaining a bunch of new territory, I don't see why he would have trouble. In 2008, he got 58% in a district Obama came in around the mid 50's, now it is 51% Obama. And the new territory is Republican leaning stuff from the old 8th. I think the Dems will focus on the 8th, 10th and 11th in that area of the state, and 12th, 13th and 17th downstate.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

Miles, did you put Bilbray as Strong GOP? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »

Good luck getting it in NC, neither party wants to rain on the parade because they want the ability to get revenge against the other 10 years from now. Same old story. And it takes Legislative passage to start a Consitutional amendment, so one of the parties would have to be on board.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

Maybe it's just my impression, but NY (or at least upstate) seems exceptionally "clean" to me. Did they actually get a sound bipartisan compromise ?

There is no way in hell the legislature would have done that good a job. It was of course, a court drawn affair.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies