Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 05, 2015, 05:26:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Χασεμιτικού)
| | |-+  Greece 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 75217 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:09 pm »
Ignore

What has ANEL said about coalitions? I'm trying to work out what SYRIZA's options will be if it wins.
According to Wikipedia, ANEL says that any coalition it joins will have to be "center-right" and that it'll have to tear up the memorandum.  So basically they're saying that they won't be taking part in any government.  

-7.61 Economic
-7.48 Social
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 17, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »
Ignore

Just reading that late-deciders chose Tsipras over Samaras 30-25 as preferred Prime Minister. Explains a lot.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 17, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »
Ignore

I assume Athinon is Athens - both districts there are well out.
Athinon A is the city of Athens proper. Athinon B is most of her inner and middle suburbs. That's by far the largest constituency in Greece, and is further left on balance than the city proper. Piraeus A is that suburban city plus the lesser Saronic islands and Kythera and the bit of the Peloponnese that are included in Attica for reasons unknown. Piraeus B are the very working class, very lefty portside suburbs west of Piraeus, including Salamis (the most populated of the Saronic islands). Attica are the outer suburban and quasi-rural parts of Attica.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #978 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:34 pm »
Ignore

Athinon A is the city of Athens proper. Athinon B is most of her inner and middle suburbs. That's by far the largest constituency in Greece, and is further left on balance than the city proper. Piraeus A is that suburban city plus the lesser Saronic islands and Kythera and the bit of the Peloponnese that are included in Attica for reasons unknown. Piraeus B are the very working class, very lefty portside suburbs west of Piraeus, including Salamis (the most populated of the Saronic islands). Attica are the outer suburban and quasi-rural parts of Attica.

B being V on the site, correct?

Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:54 pm »
Ignore

What has ANEL said about coalitions? I'm trying to work out what SYRIZA's options will be if it wins.

According to Wikipedia, ANEL says that any coalition it joins will have to be "center-right" and that it'll have to tear up the memorandum.  So basically they're saying that they won't be taking part in any government.  

As useless as the f'ing KKE.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:17 pm »
Ignore

Yes, of course. V being the modern (past 1800? years) pronunciation of the second letter of the Greek alphabet.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »
Ignore

Why is this site showing the district results but not the national results ?

RIP, Leonard.
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »
Ignore

Quite a damning result for democracy if the anti-bailout parties (who've probably won the most votes collectively) are pipped-to-the-post because of the 50-seat bonus.

TheParliamentarian
TheNationalist
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 17, 2012, 12:31:40 pm »
Ignore

According to Public Issue, the minimum percentage required for forming a coalition government (151 seats) is 38.2. Exit polls put the threshold at 37.8 percent.

"As for politics, Iím an anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Canít stand caged animals. People must be free." ó Charlie Chaplin
London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: June 17, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »
Ignore

Why is this site showing the district results but not the national results ?

District results aren't finalised yet, so they're not showing any national ones.

TheParliamentarian
TheNationalist
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 17, 2012, 12:33:00 pm »
Ignore

Skai TV gives first seat projections from their exit polls: Syriza 28% 124 seats, ND, 27.5% 73 seats, Pasok 13% 33 seats. I

"As for politics, Iím an anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Canít stand caged animals. People must be free." ó Charlie Chaplin
London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: June 17, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »
Ignore

Yes, of course. V being the modern (past 1800? years) pronunciation of the second letter of the Greek alphabet.

Thanks for both of those.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:30 pm »
Ignore

I'm quite sure they had a national tally up by this time in the count in may.

Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:57 pm »
Ignore

Indeed. It's rather frustrating.
Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 17, 2012, 12:37:29 pm »
Ignore

Any predictions as to who wins at this point?
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:35 pm »
Ignore

and now they do!

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world.- Jack Layton (1950-2011)
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:48 pm »
Ignore

Map's updated on the government's site.

TheParliamentarian
TheNationalist
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 17, 2012, 12:39:04 pm »
Ignore

interior ministry has national results up

TheParliamentarian
TheNationalist
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 17, 2012, 12:40:13 pm »
Ignore

syriza - cities  ND - farms...    thats what it looks like to me..

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »
Ignore

Any predictions as to who wins at this point?

Dead heat, basically.

TheParliamentarian
TheNationalist
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »
Ignore

Antenna TV estimates that New Democracy will win by more than 1 percentage point, Kathimerini reports.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 17, 2012, 12:43:31 pm »
Ignore

PASOK actually leading somewhere! Eastern Crete.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »
Ignore

The final exit poll shows ND ahead by 1-1,5%.  

Projected seats:

ND         127
SYRIZA    72
PASOK    33
ANEL       20
XA           18
DIMAR     16
KKE         14

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:24 pm »
Ignore

The nonrepresented parties took quite the hit. LAOS at 1.5, a joint list of DX and Drasi and one more outfit at 1.4, Greens at 0.8, Antarsya at 0.3 (one other party that I know nothing about at 0.4).

Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 17, 2012, 12:48:28 pm »
Ignore

PASOK actually leading somewhere! Eastern Crete.

PASOK could announce its new policy was eating babies and it would still win Crete.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:50:47 pm by Dereich »Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout