Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:23:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 223999 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »

After thinking about it a lot... I now believe that Greece will have a better (not so bad) future if they stay in the Euro. I've read a lot about it in right, centre and left newspapers, I've read px and other posters opinions, I've watched some programmes about it on TV... And my conclusion is that Greece will have an even harder problem to fix if they go back to the drachma. The European Union is a good idea, it was good for the growth of Greece and Spain, and for the entire union. The problem is that it's been taken over by Merkel and her ultraliberal friends (bye, bye, Sarko!!).

The only solution is to beat Merkel next year. That's the only real solution. But Greece (and Spain) can't wait until 2013 =S

And if I were a Greek... after "having voted" DIMAR last month (SRYZA being my 2nd option) I'd probably come back home and vote Venizelos. I used to dislike him because he seems to be as conservative as Bono in Spain and even more opportunistic, I'm beginning to believe he really cares about Greece. So, it'd be DIMAR or PASOK, that for sure.

What about the rest of you? What party would you vote?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 07:43:05 AM »

My prediction:

ND 28
SRYZA 26
PASOK 14
DIMAR 7
ANEL 6
KKE 4
XA 4
DX! 3
LAOS 2 (yes, I think it'll overperform)
Greens 2
Others 3
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

After having supported SYRIZA last elections, and after switching my support to PASOK last month, I switch back my endorsement to Tsipiras. He HAS to win this election. Capitalism as we know it in Europe is not working. Tsipiras could change it. Samaras or Venizelos will not.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:29 AM »

Well, Nazis will have more or less the same results they had last month... That's disgusting.... I think they could reach 8% Sad

However, if SYRIZA wins, it'll be a good day for Europe, Spain AND Greece. So, that could balance the XA thing.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »

I agree with Antonio. I supported SIRYZA, but after the election, I think the best for Greece, Europe, and Spain, is a stable government led by the winner (Samaras) but supported by the centre-left. A third election would be a disaster.. And Greeks have already said for the second time in 2 months that they want ND to be the biggest party, and they've given ND-PASOK-DIMAR a majority in the Parliament twice... So, let's give an opportunity to Samaras, I won't start complaining until September Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies