Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 223457 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: December 16, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »

If the forces of the "hard" left united, they could win this election...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 05:19:34 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

What are the differences between the Dem Left and PASOK? Don't both parties want to remain in the Eurozone and accept austerity measures? Although I'd imagine the Dem Left is more friendly towards SYRIZA, seeing as they're a breakaway party, there doesn't seem to be very many substantial differences between them.

I'm really curious to see that if the disparate leftist/anti-euro forces can settle their differences after this election to end this ordeal. Stranger things have happened...

edit: I'm hoping for a KKE or SYRIZA overperformance
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:54 AM »

Public Issue Poll for Kathimerini
ND 31%
Democratic Left 18%
KKE 12.5%
SYRIZA 12%
PASOK 8 (!)%
LAOS 5%
Chrysi Avgi 3%

Will PASOK cease to exist after this election is held?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

Unfortunately, this fake PR means that ND is guaranteed to win the next election.

"Guaranteed" is too strong of a word. I think people are underestimating just how unpopular this next round of austerity measures will be. Cutting the minimum wage tends to be viewed as sacrilege and the people will know who is responsible. DIMAR is skyrocketing in the polls, PASOK will probably cease to exist at this rate, the KKE appear to have a ceiling at around ten percent etc.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

I hope SYRIZA wins and withdraws from the Eurozone. I'd rather watch the whole world burn than see fellow citizens in the European periphery be subjected to the rape of their economy without their sovereign will being truly exercised. I'd rather the failures of the austeritymongers and the potential crisis they helped to create during the heady boom days be exposed now than see their manufactured problems slowly come to light over the next few years as the neo-liberal vampires suck the lifeblood out of Spain then Portugal then Italy then France. I'm sick of so-called serious people lecturing whole entire nations of people about their profligacy and lazy behavior when the crisis had everything to do with the EU being a flawed project. I'm sick of people treating economics as a morality play to the point where I'd like to see an economic crisis blow up in the face of the Merkels of the world just to see them suffer politically and to see the "center consensus" destroyed permanently.

That's my poorly constructed rant of the day that exposes my sentiments more than my actual policy positions. I've given up on the idea of the European Union actually exercising itself as a legitimate governing body and to me, default is the logical next step. Design a godawful system, get a bad result.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

Yeah, that meanie doesn't want to give me his money...guess I should hold a gun to his head. Right, Antonio? Wink

If your countrymen continue with that line of thought, you'll be dragged into a crippling economic crisis as well, even if it's of a different sort.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »

Do you think that the neo-liberals will coalesce behind one party? DISY and DRASI haven't been registering support in the last few polls while Recreate Greece is performing slightly better than their electoral support, which was a clear over-performance considering they were founded a few months ago.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »

A certain word that begins with a "c" comes to mind.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »

Did she hurt the poor Greeks emotions, what a terrible person. I find it refreshing that she say that everybody, who have had to deal with this mess thinks. We have wasted five year which could have been used a lot better on eternal negotiation, to say nothing about the enormous capital transfer. I doubt many people have much patience with the Greeks right now, she justsaid it openly, while everyone else bite it in them.

Yes, let us make blanket generalizations about all the Greeks as lazy, disgusting tax evaders who deserve to be dealt blows through the economic justice system. The austerity measures are how they will pay for their numerous sins. If the troika courts find that these measures won't be enough, let us give the hellenic peoples whips to lash themselves so that they can repent further.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies