Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 223517 times)
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -4.00

« on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:34 AM »

Thank God, if there's anything Greece doesn't need it's to become another Belgium. I wish more countries had this rule. Allowing coalition negotiations for months is not good for anyone.

Finland got some tough coalition negations after last election and rise of the True Finns.

Now the main Finnish newspaper is stating that Greece is going to "election chaos". Maybe we're so interested how does to new government deal with the loans which are a hot debate in the Finnish politics.

Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:09 AM »

What's the best English-language source for news coverage of this? (Is there like a France24 equivalent?)

I want to know also. And is there any livestreams of the elections?
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »

My favorite minor party names would have to be "Renewing Independent Left, Renewing Right, Renewing Pasok, Renewing New Democracy, No to War, Party of Action, I Give Away Land, I Give Away Debts, Save Lives, Panagrarian Labour Movement of Greece" (perennial candidate) as well as "Communist Party of Greece (Marxist-Leninist) – Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Greece" (a union of two splinter groups).

This party is cool to: ""Can't Pay, Won't Pay" Movement". Now because of the election result the negotiations for cabinet are going to be tough. I hope that SYRIZA is going to lead the cabinet. How could ND form a majority?
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »

I think having the seat bonus may actually make things more difficult... without it a SYRIZA-PASOK-KKE-DIMAR coalition might be able to get hobbled together.

Hmmm, PASOK and KKE in the same cabinet would be interesting.
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2012, 06:14:35 PM by Lasitten »

And if I were a Greek... after "having voted" DIMAR last month (SRYZA being my 2nd option) I'd probably come back home and vote Venizelos. I used to dislike him because he seems to be as conservative as Bono in Spain and even more opportunistic, I'm beginning to believe he really cares about Greece. So, it'd be DIMAR or PASOK, that for sure.

What about the rest of you? What party would you vote?

I would vote DIMAR and hope that SYRIZA would be the biggest party and could form a coalition with PASOK and DIMAR and stay in euro.

SYRIZA would be 2nd option for me too.
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »

Venizelos is a corrupt, narcissistic jerk, too enamored with the sound of his voice. He is the poster boy of our bloated client state and along with his lieutenants did everything he could to undermine Papandreou and the other reform-minded ministers.

I will vote ND before I even consider to do so for PASOK as long as this demagogue is their leader.

Isn't corruption a problem with ND too?
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

Reuters now announces that SYRIZA is polling 30 % and ND 26 %.
How can the situation differ so much? Elections going to be very interesting.

PASOK seems to be not rising from the 3rd place. Have Greeks lost their trust on PASOK? And are the people who usually vote for PASOK now voting SYRIZA?

Ou, I cannot post the link.
Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2012, 08:13:00 AM by Lasitten »

It's getting interesting because the Finnish media is full of news about Greece elections and one day they're predict that SYRIZA is going to win and other day all the media is for ND. It's like all Finns are interested for the result...

I wonder what's going to happen to DIMAR. Are supporters moving to vote SYRIZA or back to voting PASOK?

Lasitten
Rookie
Finland

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2012, 06:50:13 AM by Lasitten »

athensnews.gr/portal/8/56094

Way to go Cheesy MP from to Golden Dawn attacks two other from SYRIZA and KKE.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies