SENATE BILL: Increased Mirror Sales Act (On the President's desk, again) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:52:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Increased Mirror Sales Act (On the President's desk, again) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Increased Mirror Sales Act (On the President's desk, again)  (Read 5264 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: December 23, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have been quite for a bit as I am waiting to actually serve in the Senate, but I thought I should point something out here.  This bill legalizes the use of cocaine, but does not mention the sale of cocaine.  While it does put a tax on those sales, it appears that selling cocaine would still be illegal.

We have the same issue in Wisconsin with electric weapons.  It used to be a felony to possess.  That was just legalized, as was transporting or carrying one (if one has a concealed carry license) but they never changed the language about selling.  So you can legally buy one, carry it, own it, and transport it, but no one can sell it to you.  Kind of defeats the purpose.

For the record, I have no problem with the bill and would probablly support it.  Just thought I would point out that this bill allows possession and use, but does not change any previous laws that would make transportation or distribution illegal.  Because of that, the 25% tax (which I totally support) would be hard to enforce.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »

What was? To make possession legal but not selling? Or basically to make cocaine completely legal?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies