PPP Poll Preview - Newt falling fast, possibly 3rd in Iowa.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  PPP Poll Preview - Newt falling fast, possibly 3rd in Iowa.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPP Poll Preview - Newt falling fast, possibly 3rd in Iowa.  (Read 4613 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »

Seriously, I really don't see why he's falling. It's kind of sudden. Expected, but I hadn't really see the signs of it happening.

Everyone remembered Newt Gingrich was in fact Newt Gingrich.

Unlike previous FoM, I don't think there's a single identifiable cause. Newt has been under attack on all flanks for two weeks now, and while nothing in particular has brought him down, many of the accusations are beginning to stick. If I had to guess what the most important factors behind Newt's decline are, I'd blame:

1. Newt's time as an influence peddler
2. Newt's comments on Romney's tenure at Bain capital
3. Boredom
4. Voters are starting to take a closer look at the race, including many who were shallowly supporting Gingrich based on name recognition or vague familiarity with his record.

I think that a lot of people are too quickly assuming that Gingrich will, like his predecessors, quickly and drastically bottom out. I don't necessarily expect that to happen before the caucuses. Barring a major incident, I think that Gingrich will steadily bleed support in no particular direction. If there really is a dedicated anyone-but-Romney portion of the electorate, it won't be until after the early contests that anyone is able to consolidate their support.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 10:24:10 PM by Politico »

Newt's 1.6 million dollar dalliance with Fannie Mae cut an artery, as well it should have. The man has the ethics of an alley cat on the prowl. He charged that to tell them that they need to work with mortgagors to teach them how to be good stewards of their home, so its value is protected?  Brilliant, just brilliant. The man is a genius! Of course there was no political influence buying and selling. How could that possibly be?

I love the big Wonk, but he's the only person I've ever seen defend Gingrich on the whole "it wasn't lobbying" line. Regardless of whether or not it was lobbying, obviously it has hurt Gingrich.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 10:26:26 PM by Politico »

Guys, it's pretty clear that the Mormon is buying himself the election here by flooding the airwaves with anti-Gingrich ads. Gingrich, not being a whore or a member of racist cult, does not have the millions of dollars to respond.

Actually, it's been Ron Paul clobbering Newt Gingrich with ads. In fact, Paul has come out with THE best ad of this election cycle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdqGKA782A

That ad has been seen online by at least a few thousand influential Republicans, who can spread the word rather easily this day and age via e-mail or what have you, so it's no wonder Gingrich has taken a huge hit lately. I mean, get that ad into the hands of a few influential folks in Iowa and New Hampshire, and Gingrich is pretty much toast. One can read Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point to get an idea of what may have happened here.

Romney has been mostly hands-off, at least relative to Paul.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

So are these polls coming out tomorrow or Monday?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »

So, who's going to be the next flavor?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »

Ron Paul possibly.  If not, then we have just witnessed the beginning of Mitt Romney's coronation. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 01:40:12 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's go Paul ! Destroy Romney.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

I can't recall an instance in which PPP released a poll on a weekend. Therefore, its coming out either tomorrow or maybe even Tuesday.

Regardless, I'm willing to set up an ePride betting for those who want to guess the order of the top three finishers in this poll.

Presently, I think it will go Paul, Romney, Gingrich with Paul and Romney being separated by very little. Anyone who thinks otherwise can post their own prediction.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »

I can't recall an instance in which PPP released a poll on a weekend. Therefore, its coming out either tomorrow or maybe even Tuesday.

Regardless, I'm willing to set up an ePride betting for those who want to guess the order of the top three finishers in this poll.

Presently, I think it will go Paul, Romney, Gingrich with Paul and Romney being separated by very little. Anyone who thinks otherwise can post their own prediction.

I'd put $10,000 on Romney leading.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich

Despite claiming to be a political outsider once he left Congress, he has proved to be a corrupt insider since then.  The profitable entities that he has operated don;t even create jobs for counter workers an pizza bakers at pizzerias.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »

if people listened to me back in 2009 of June you would know who the nominee for the republicans would be for 2012. I will say it again. MITT ROMNEY

Rest assured that your words of wisdom will not go unnoticed here again.
M

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich

Despite claiming to be a political outsider once he left Congress, he has proved to be a corrupt insider since then.  The profitable entities that he has operated don;t even create jobs for counter workers an pizza bakers at pizzerias.

Cain, however, created lots of pizza jobs - and more importantly, lots of pizza!
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »

if people listened to me back in 2009 of June you would know who the nominee for the republicans would be for 2012. I will say it again. MITT ROMNEY

Newt don't know how to attack thats why he is losing everyone is in attack mode accept for newt. The only way newt can pull it off if Herman came out to endorse but that don't seem to be the case and it's getting close.          LOL.....

Are you the one who actually gambled $15,000 on Mitt Romney being the nominee?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »

Let's go Paul ! Destroy Romney.

It goes

1. Dr. Paul
2. Bachamann
3. Romney
4. Newt
5. Perry
6. Frothy (Santorum)
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 08:04:31 PM »

Newt don't know how to attack thats why he is losing everyone is in attack mode accept for newt. The only way newt can pull it off if Herman came out to endorse but that don't seem to be the case and it's getting close.          LOL.....

Are you the one who actually gambled $15,000 on Mitt Romney being the nominee?

Yeah, it's that guy.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »

Bachman.......... Trump.......... Perry.......... Cain.......... Gingrich..........

A veritable comedic cast, sinking faster than a two ton anchor.

The GOP is running out of ABR flavors.

Paul may start to move somewhat upward now, but his momentum, though more credible than that of the five jokers mentioned above, will be fleeting.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »

Ron Paul possibly.  If not, then we have just witnessed the beginning of Mitt Romney's coronation. 

For the sake of the nation, we can hope.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies