Paul on Leno: Bachmann hates Muslims, Santorum hates gay people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Paul on Leno: Bachmann hates Muslims, Santorum hates gay people
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Paul on Leno: Bachmann hates Muslims, Santorum hates gay people  (Read 5251 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/17/ron-paul-on-bachmann-she-hates-muslims-she-hates-them-she-wants-to-go-get-them/
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:43 PM »

Wow...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »

Ron Paul, I really want to hate you, but you just make so much sense at times...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

Yes, he's correct.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »

I'm strongly considering caucusing for him at this point, mostly for the lulz but partially for the candidate.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »

You know, for someone who's supposedly "the most conservative Congressman", he's pretty good at being moderate now and then.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »

I agree with what he said, but, I do think it was harsh, and unnecessary. He should of said "meh" on Bachmann and hit Santorum harder on his obsession with gay people.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »

Paul loves the Huntsman!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »

There's something charming about that man, and I can't quite put my finger on it.  I love his giddy enthusiasm.  He's like a little kid in some ways.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »

There's something charming about that man, and I can't quite put my finger on it.  I love his giddy enthusiasm.  He's like a little kid in some ways.
He comes across as the fun, but crazy grampa we never got to have. His wife Carol reminds me of my Aunt.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 11:38:36 PM »

He reminds me of opebo sometimes with these dead on type comments.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 11:59:21 PM »

He reminds me of opebo sometimes with these dead on type comments.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »

Well, he said Santorum hates gays and Muslims.

This would be shocking coming from anyone sane but from a classless lunatic like Paul, it's pretty much expected. I guess I was sort of surprised for a second when I heard him say it on a nationally televised broadcast (other than a debate or C-SPAN) but I remembered the character. The man really has no shame. Comments like these just go to show how much of an amateur this guy is. He's just absolutely clueless. And, as pointed out earlier in the thread, he says this stuff like such a child.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 12:39:10 AM »

>Liberals praising a Republican
>Keystone Phil bashing a Republican
>Everything is ass-backwards
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »

Well, he said Santorum hates gays and Muslims.

This would be shocking coming from anyone sane but from a classless lunatic like Paul, it's pretty much expected. I guess I was sort of surprised for a second when I heard him say it on a nationally televised broadcast (other than a debate or C-SPAN) but I remembered the character. The man really has no shame. Comments like these just go to show how much of an amateur this guy is. He's just absolutely clueless. And, as pointed out earlier in the thread, he says this stuff like such a child.
Phil, your candidate is the hypocrite who espouses states rights, yet then goes to states on the other side of the country in his crusade against gay marridge. Honestly, I know I am not the only one beginning to think that Santorum himself is in the closet. If your that obsessed with a position so unimportant and (in Santorums case, unpopular), it does raise suspicion.

This story may ring a few bells.
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-03/world/terreblanche.dead_1_south-africa-julius-malema-all-race?_s=PM:WORLD

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »

This is the kind of thing that makes Paul unappealing to the GOP base. He's off attacking our other candidates and refuses to rule out a third-party bid. He's not a very good team player.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »

This is the kind of thing that makes Paul unappealing to the GOP base. He's off attacking our other candidates and refuses to rule out a third-party bid. He's not a very good team player.

It isn't even a respectful attack. This is the sort of stuff that makes him cringeworthy to 90% of the party.

But he's a coward so the third party bid threat isn't much of anything. It's like when he's confronted in a debate. You can see how timid he gets. I think we can thank Rick Perry for this. Remember when he went up to him and had to lecture him like a child? That probably did the trick. He acts out and then when someone puts him in his place, he calms down.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 01:01:57 AM »

It isn't even a respectful attack. This is the sort of stuff that makes him cringeworthy to 90% of the party.

But he's a coward so the third party bid threat isn't much of anything. It's like when he's confronted in a debate. You can see how timid he gets. I think we can thank Rick Perry for this. Remember when he went up to him and had to lecture him like a child? That probably did the trick. He acts out and then when someone puts him in his place, he calms down.
Judging by your sometimes angry attacks at anybody who attacks your candidate, I would say the only child in this scenario is you.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »

This reminds me, remember how I said I could caucus for Paul and keep my Jesus and pot-loving persona and still fit right in and be believable? Well I could also say exactly what I think about the other GOP candidates and it'd fit too!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »

This reminds me, remember how I said I could caucus for Paul and keep my Jesus and pot-loving persona and still fit right in and be believable? Well I could also say exactly what I think about the other GOP candidates and it'd fit too!
Why not caucus for Stewart Greenlief?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 01:21:07 AM »

Phil, you are acting as if no other candidate has attacked the others. And on top of that his attacks are pretty spot on regarding their bigotry with gay people, and their stupidity regarding the middle east
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »

i don't know if that makes Perry paternalistic or a bully.  It freaked Paul out probably to have this guy in his face who can dish it out to Romney but can't take it for himself.
TBF to Bachmann, when I don't think of her I think "hate Muslims" Maybe I'm forgetting some of the things she said.  I don't see her as a hateful person, just horribly misguided and pretensious.  
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »

I think we can thank Rick Perry for this. Remember when he went up to him and had to lecture him like a child? That probably did the trick. He acts out and then when someone puts him in his place, he calms down.

There was a candidate with the initials 'RP' whose maturity that incident reflected poorly on, yes.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »

Paul's remarks were completely fair unless you hold to a very strange definition of what constitutes bigotry and hatefulness.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies