Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism  (Read 5317 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: December 17, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »

I much prefer Ludwig von Accurate myself.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »

Sorry, I had my words mixed up with each other forgetting that monarchist is anything but libertarian.

Actually there are libertarian monarchist sympathizers out there (well, at least minarchists who could support it, or something)...

Well, Hans Hermann-Hoppe is actually an anarchist, but he does make the salutary point that the differing time-preferences of politicians in 'democratic' systems and monarchs lead to different results, keeping all other aspects of government equal.  A politician will do or say anything in order to be elected, regardless of the long-term effects on the country, while a monarch actually has an incentive not to do things that will ruin his country in the long term.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »

Is Lew Rockwell really social conservative? I'm asking this since I look up Wikipedia and it says he's a Catholic which could affect his views on abortion and gay marriage if he's more of a practicing Catholic and not a Mario Cuomo Catholic. Also, I  search up for some articles about his views on abortion and all it pop up was articles of contributors to articles ob his website.

Lew Rockwell actually has pretty socially "liberal" views himself (though he disapproves of drug use and prostitution even though he wants them to be legal).  "Paleolibertarians," including several regular columnists at Rockwell's site, are often devout Christians and usually pro-life, and disapprove of things like gay relationships (despite still wanting them to be legal).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies