Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:51:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of Lew Rockwell/Ludwig Von Misses Institute libertarianism  (Read 5299 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 18, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »

I'll reserve judgement on Von Mises for now, but Lew Rockwell represents a reactionary and bigoted strain of libertarianism that, as a self-identified libertarian, I find deeply embarrassing. Very much an HP and the most important reason why I refuse to support Ron Paul. (Yet I'm ridiculed when I claim that I'm a libertarian who would rather support Obama...)

There is zero reason to support Obama as a libertarian. You'd be more justified going for the Green Party candidate.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 07:29:59 PM by night society »

Sorry, I had my words mixed up with each other forgetting that monarchist is anything but libertarian.

Actually there are libertarian monarchist sympathizers out there (well, at least minarchists who could support it, or something)...
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:45 PM »

There is zero reason to support Obama as a libertarian. You'd be more justified going for the Green Party candidate.

Yeah, I'm going to waste my time voting for some perennial candidate who probably couldn't win a local election even if he or she tried.

The most effective way to become engaged with politics in the United States is from within the two-party system, and as dissatisfied with Obama as I may be it's either him or it's (tentatively speaking) Romney. Besides, like him, I'm a Saul Alinsky-radical:

How is that anymore of a waste of time than giving your vote to someone who you know is just going to continue wars in the middle east, bail outs, raids on medical marijuana fields and generally ignoring civil liberties to name a few issues? It's not like your 1 vote is really that consequential in the first place, I'm not really sure what your goal in compromising is here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies