Predict the result of the 2012 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict the result of the 2012 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the result of the 2012 election  (Read 3417 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2011, 12:15:42 PM by Politico »

It's going to be a bad night for Obama. Not sure how the too close to call states will go, but I suspect the map will look something like this when Obama concedes (i.e., immediately after the polls close on the west coast, but just presume Hawaii and Alaska go their traditional route):

Obama: 47
Romney: 367
Too Close to Call: 124

A lot of people on here are too young to know what a landslide looks like, but this is what it looks like. And it does happen and it will likely happen to Obama if things do not improve dramatically over the next ten months.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 12:31:46 PM by Politico »

It's going to be a bad night for Obama. Not sure how the too close to call states will go, but I suspect the map will look something like this when Obama concedes (i.e., immediately after the polls close on the west coast, but just presume Hawaii and Alaska go their traditional route):

Obama: 47
Romney: 367
Too Close to Call: 124

A lot of people on here are too young to know what a landslide looks like, but this is what it looks like. And it does happen and it will likely happen to Obama if things do not improve dramatically over the next ten months.

New York?  Did Biden kill one of the Yankees?

Upstate revolt combined with a completely fed up Manhattan and general apathy elsewhere (since it's obvious Obama is going to lose based on national polling) leads to too close to call. If national polling shows Romney up ten or eleven points on Monday before the election, a lot of Obama folks, even in places like Massachusetts and New York, are not even going to bother showing up to vote. That leads to this type of landslide.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »

It's nice to see politico again posting a melodramatic map a year out that has no ground in reality (much like he did a few weeks out from 2008).

Well, that's what I'm here for. But this time is certainly different haha
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies