Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 08:14:57 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Newt Gingrich: Sexist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Does Newt Gingrich use a more condescending tone when he talks to Michele Bachmann?
1 - Yes, and it's sexism.   -3 (9.7%)
2 - Yes, but it's not sexism; Bachmann is a lunatic who shouldn't be taken seriously, and all of the other candidates recognize that.   -8 (25.8%)
3 - No, that's how Newt treats everyone.   -14 (45.2%)
4 - No, Newt is not condescending toward Bachmann.   -2 (6.5%)
5 - I support Dr. Paul.   -4 (12.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: Sexist?  (Read 653 times)
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »
Ignore

I blame the fact that Bachmann desperately panders by acting like a lunatic and a pathological liar (combined, perhaps, with her inflated sense of self-importance and the reality that she doesn't have influence in Washington or any major accomplishments).

I don't think that any of the other candidates take her seriously, and she's the single major Republican candidate who in my view really shouldn't be, in any way.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Roemerista
MQuinn
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:51:30 pm »
Ignore

Newt thinks everyone who disagrees with him, is a lower being then himself. If you agree with him, you are pals, if you don't, well, he attacks.

Plus its Bachmann, she isn't exactly the hallmark of intellectual rigor.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »
Ignore

Yes, Newt condescends to everyone, because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:12 pm »
Ignore

Newt's whole appeal is based on his mastery of condescension and contempt. He's like that with everyone since he buys into his image as an "intellectual".

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »
Ignore

Probably no more sexist than any other old white religious Republicrat.  I don't pay attention to debates or anything, though.

Free Bradley Manning
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 02:17:40 pm »
Ignore

As a historian, I can confidently say that Gingrich has a long history of talking down to both women, men, and aliens.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »
Ignore

Frankly, this question is idiotic. But, speaking as a historian who led the fight against communism, there's no question that there may have been times, when, driven by how strongly I feel about this country, I appeared sexist.

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 03:58:48 pm »
Ignore

Frankly, this question is idiotic. But, speaking as a historian who led the fight against communism, there's no question that there may have been times, when, driven by how strongly I feel about this country, I appeared sexist.

I couldn't resist. I should really go home and think about why I would even ask this today.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:02:19 pm »
Ignore

I couldn't resist. I should really go home and think about why I would even ask this today.

This thread is so far outside my comprehension that you must be a product of Kenyan anti-colonial thinking.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »
Ignore

American culture is quite sexist anyways.

Free Bradley Manning
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
Ignore

You could make a case that Gingrich is sexist, but I don't think his treatment of Bachmann has much to do with it.  Gingrich holds everyone that isn't Newt Gingrich in utter contempt, and that includes Bachmann and the male candidates alike.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout