Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast  (Read 7140 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:18:41 AM »
« edited: February 02, 2012, 01:28:06 AM by Senator Napoleon »

Napoleon for Governor

Citizens of the Northeast Region, I stand before you today with an important announcement. I shall be entering my name in the race for the position of Northeast Governor. It is with joy and honor that I have been trusted to serve you all in the Senate since elected in June. Our region has come a long, long way since then and I couldn't be more proud of the successes we've had in turning what was once an inactive region in complete organizational disarray into an active, thriving region that other regions should seek to emulate. But I know we can do better.

I'm not going to spend this campaign reflecting on the past. My record is out there for all to see and those in the region should know that I've sought to make improvements by proposing or supporting a variety of reforms. This is something I intend to continue if elected Governor.

I have many ideas that I want to work with from the position but I've got to start somewhere. Now that we have a new Constitution in place, I will first push the Assembly to adopt my SOAP proposal, which will be posted in this thread later. Cincinnatus and I have both expressed support for this cause and I have no doubt that it will make the Northeast Assembly a more fun and active institution.

With the reduced Assembly size, elections will be more competitive. I will, as Governor, seek to make these elections more exciting by taking each seat seriously. Regional elections should be as exciting for us as Presidential and Senate elections are. I'll campaign for my Assembly allies and remind each Northeasterner that their vote counts!

I'd like to "condense" a portion of the budget process. This goal will require working with the GM. My idea is to condense a "tax year" to a single month, essentially shortening the economic cycle to make it possible for future Governors to fiddle with tax rates and other things of that nature and see results. It is unrealistic to be changing tax rates multiple times a year, but new administrations should be given an opportunity to implement their own policies. Since our term is four months instead of four years, I think this change makes a lot of sense and will allow for more substantive political debates in the future.

I'm hoping to get an SRC2 started (sorry, wormyguy). This version will be different in that I intend to go through all legislation in our region and consolidate where possible and make changes where appropriate. I will ask the Assembly to include sunset dates in some pieces of legislation, to ensure that they are discussed in the future. During a Napoleon administration, anything and everything will be on the table and we will tackle legislation regarding almost every issue. Every slot will stay filled during my term, assuming reforms to the SOAP are passed.

I'll be a proactive governor. I won't simply wait for the GM or SoIA to give me what I need to do my job. I'll request the data I need and work closely with the GM to that end. You don't have to have any doubts about my activity as my administration will have something new for the public almost every day. I'll work privately with Representatives to try to gain support for my policy proposals and we will get citizens to pressure their representatives in a way that is just that-- representative.

Over the coming weeks I plan to make a number of campaign stops and policy proposals. Hopefully, in doing so, I will prove to you all that I am the best man for the job. Thank you for taking the time to listen and, please, vote Napoleon for Northeast Governor!!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »

Endorsed.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »

Endorsin'
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »

Endorsed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley

If anyone has any questions, please ask. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them and I can find ways to incorporate them.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

Endorsed, obviously. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »

I like this! I think I will endorse you, for what it's worth.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:13 AM »

I plan to standardize candidacy declarations and ballot listings, if that helps. Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »

I plan to standardize candidacy declarations and ballot listings, if that helps. Wink

Ooh, doubly endorsed!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »

Endorsed!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »

Endorsed.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

As a former Governor, I am pleased to endorse Napoleon to become the next Governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 11:45:13 PM by No Good Napoleon »

Thank you for the support everyone! I'll keep track on my usual endorsement list.

Endorsed by:

Former President Polnut
Governor Snowstalker
Former Governor Winfield
Senator Nathan
Former Senator Windis
Former Senator Jbrase
Justice Oakvale
Speaker Scott
Representative Cincinnatus
Former Lieutenant Governor Simfan34
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »

And me. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »

Former Lieutenant Governor Simfan34!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »

Former Lieutenant Governor Simfan34!

I'm sorry! Thanks for the correction Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »

Some plans:

I will work closely with our next regional Senator to ensure the Northeast gets its fair share.

I will make county results maps for every election, and possibly town maps if I get some help from Homelycooking and Dallasfan. Wink   I will also try to "find" the lost county results for previous elections, but those from before my time will require external help.

I will standardize candidacy declaractions and balloting, listing political parties on ballots and always posting a Sampson ballot 72 hours in advance.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 01:21:10 PM »

I will make county results maps for every election, and possibly town maps if I get some help from Homelycooking and Dallasfan. Wink   I will also try to "find" the lost county results for previous elections, but those from before my time will require external help.

H. E. A. R. T. would be happy to work with you on this if you are elected, provided our services are handsomely compensated for. Grin
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »

Some plans:

I will work closely with our next regional Senator to ensure the Northeast gets its fair share.

I will standardize candidacy declaractions and balloting, listing political parties on ballots and always posting a Sampson ballot 72 hours in advance.

This sounds like a cool idea, but what exactly do you mean by town maps for elections?  Do you mean asking the voters the town they live in and recording it and their vote on a map?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Some plans:

This sounds like a cool idea, but what exactly do you mean by town maps for elections?  Do you mean asking the voters the town they live in and recording it and their vote on a map?

These will just be maps for people to look at and have fun with. There's no way to really prove how counties vote in this game, obviously, but if it adds a little fun to the game, i say why not? Grin
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »

I plan to challenge you to a game of HORSE. Before I offer you a potential endorsment, I must ask you one question. Do you super duperty promise to take the office seriously? This was hands down, the greatest position I have ever held, and with the region still in a decline, I want to hear from you that you will do your best to make this a top notch region again.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »

Thank you for the question.

I stand by my record of working to improve this region. Whether I'm writing a new constitution, reviewing old statute, or reforming the Assembly's SOAP, I'm comfortable saying that I've always kept this region's best interests at heart. I haven't had difficulty working with anyone in this politically diverse region and I can be trusted to be an active voice.

I can, with full confidence, promise to you, and all other citizens, that I will continue doing my best to make this a top notch region. In fact, my goal is not to simply restore the region to its peak. I intend to set a new standard and make regional government as or even more desirable to participate in as the federal government for your average citizen. That being said, I would most certainly appreciate your endorsement. Grin

Hidden messages? Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »

No no no! I dont couldnt stand to be beaten two times in a row. But, I cant help but notice, I believe I might have been the last person to ever be re-elected to the Governors office.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?

This sounds like another fine idea, except for a few problems.  I don't know if any reps would be willing to take the position, because technically, it would reduce their power in the Assembly since the Lt. Governor only votes to break ties.  If no one accepts the position, there would be an issue.  Also, would the Governor be choosing an Lt. Governor before or after the election?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies