Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:32:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast  (Read 7192 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?

This sounds like another fine idea, except for a few problems.  I don't know if any reps would be willing to take the position, because technically, it would reduce their power in the Assembly since the Lt. Governor only votes to break ties.  If no one accepts the position, there would be an issue.  Also, would the Governor be choosing an Lt. Governor before or after the election?

The Rep would be Lt. Governor for succession purposes only.  Other than that, he's just a Rep who can vote like any other IIRC.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2011, 10:31:55 PM by No Good Napoleon »

No no no! I dont couldnt stand to be beaten two times in a row. But, I cant help but notice, I believe I might have been the last person to ever be re-elected to the Governors office.

You're right! And I was the first reelected Senator since that same election it seems!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?

This sounds like another fine idea, except for a few problems.  I don't know if any reps would be willing to take the position, because technically, it would reduce their power in the Assembly since the Lt. Governor only votes to break ties.  If no one accepts the position, there would be an issue.  Also, would the Governor be choosing an Lt. Governor before or after the election?

The Rep would be Lt. Governor for succession purposes only.  Other than that, he's just a Rep who can vote like any other IIRC.

I had always assumed that the Lieutenant Governor only gets to vote if there's a tie, since there would be a problem if a vote came to that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 10:46:27 PM »

I had always assumed that the Lieutenant Governor only gets to vote if there's a tie, since there would be a problem if a vote came to that.

I had to change that for the new constitution because that is too boring for anyone to want to run for. I don't think I've seen anyone on the ballot for that office my whole time here.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

I had to change that for the new constitution because that is too boring for anyone to want to run for. I don't think I've seen anyone on the ballot for that office my whole time here.

Good point, but what happens if a vote comes to a tie?  Does the bill fail?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »

It gets forwarded to the people! Cheesy
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Oh, I see now. Smiley

I will support this amendment proposal.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

Is anyone going to run against me? I'm eager to debate. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2011, 01:40:37 PM by Left-leaning Freedom Lover »

If such a debate is held, I'll volunteer to moderate if no one else would like to. Smiley

Assuming there will be an opponent, of course.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »

Everyone make sure to exercise your right to vote and cast a ballot in the ongoing special election!

If I don't get an opponent, I'd like to have a Fighting For the Future Forum with Assembly candidates where we can share our vision with voters. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »

In case anyone is curious:

Morgan 8
WinDis 5
Simfan 5

Morgan 9
WinDis 8

Morgan 12
Simfan 6

These are the current special election standings. I'm pretty sure WinDis wins the tiebreaker over Simfan.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »

It's for one seat, so wouldn't Morgan win?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

Yes. Winston is still very much in the race and depending on turnout, Simfan could pull off an upset. But as of now, Morgan is in the lead.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »

As Governor, you can be assured that I will not pursue an ideological agenda. Instead, I will search for pragmatic solutions on policy and implement institutional reforms when appropriate. My number one priority will be to restore this region and make the Northeast the most enviable and desirable region in all of Atlasia. Your support is always appreciated.

Congratulations to FallenMorgan on his election victory. It appears the Northeast does have competitive elections after all.

Be looking forward to something cool later day. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 03:13:48 AM »

I am concerned with the recent uptick in regional unemployment figures. If elected, my goal is to get unemployment below 6% within my first term. I will create a business climate in the region that keeps the Northeast competitive both within and beyond Atlasia's borders.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »

Despite a lack of alternatives, I fully intend to support you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »

Despite a lack of alternatives, I fully intend to support you.

Thank you Polnut. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:51 PM »

Thanks Jbrase. It seems you are my first extraregional endorsement. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »

Napoleon, after becoming Governor, I would appreciate you signing an executive order renaming Yale University as Winfield University.

Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

Any Assembly candidates are invited to convince me to support their campaigns, along with Northeast voters, by sharing your vision for the region's future with us.

Much appreciated! Cheesy
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »

I'm trying to understand your vote here, and failure to defend your own bill.  Needless to say, it's currently making me question my endorsement..
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »

I'm trying to understand your vote here, and failure to defend your own bill.  Needless to say, it's currently making me question my endorsement..

That is unfortunate. I have almost finished preparing my post there.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »

Id like to welcome Jerseyrules to the Assembly. Make us proud.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »

Vote for Polnut!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies