Gadhafi in heaven, literally and figuratively.
No way is Gadhafi in heaven, literally.
1. Perry. It would give the ticket foreign policy credentials and gravitas. I would also help modify the "good ole boy" Southerner image, and help with women.
2. Paul. He needs better foreign policy credentials.
3. Santorum. It would give him better foreign policy credentials and indicate he was not hard right on social issues.
4. Bachman. Same as Santorum. The major disadvantage would be two women on the ticket.
[I think 2, 3, and 4 are impossible. The candidate would never accept them and Rice would not run with them.]
5. Romney. He's not too bad on foreign policy, but Rice would boost that. Both, however, are seen as to middle of the road on social issues.
6. Gingrich. Helps with foreign policy, but both are intellectual. Maybe they would get the endorsement of Adlai Stevenson's ghost.
7. Huntsman. Does virtually nothing for either of them.
I agree with Bush 04. Could you have imagined what 2008 would have looked like?