Mechaman Summarizes the Presidential Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:14:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Mechaman Summarizes the Presidential Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Mechaman Summarizes the Presidential Elections  (Read 21030 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »

1848: President Polk's tenure in office would be very successful with many achievements unlocked during his Presidency.  While President he managed to kill a bunch of Mexicans while conquering the entire present day American Southwest (which is a hell of a lot better than how far I got in Risk before realizing that it's 1:30 in the morning and just saying "f*** this sh*t" and suicide attacking everybody and their grandmother in the hopes of making it all end), waved his dick at Great Britain to gain split ownership of the Oregon Territory (making him the father of the Marijuana Belt), passed the Walker Tariff Bill that would drastically reduce tariffs enough for your cheap stinkin drunk bog bastard of a father to buy enough cheap Chinese opium to get entire Southern states high.  God I can't stand him!  I don't know what our Jane saw in that drunken simian cretin, with his creepy smile and his constant drinking.  You see the way that alcoholic looked at your cousin at Thanksgiving?  No, I'm talking about Robert, you know the one who just finished fifth grade?  Man what a sick bastard.  I just hope when you grow up you don't inherit the dirty papist tendencies of your father.  My god, he hasn't touched you has he?  HAS HE?
(passes out)

An Emergency Message from MechaHistory:
It is with great regret that we inform you that Winfield R. Hastings, our long time esteemed narrator of this series on Presidential Elections has died from a heart attack brought on by the realization that, despite being born in 1775, he was somehow being written into a History thread by Mechaman.  The shock of this realization, coupled with his stunned disbelief that his imaginary grandson no longer existed and that this country was now being run by Jew Bears was too much for him to bear.  We apologize for this tragic event that you all have witnessed while reading this thread.  In his stead we have nominated the one man who we think can continue his legacy, his son-in-law Daniel "Danny Boy" Killeran O'McGuinnessesy

Good riddance.  Oh I mean (takes a drink) god rest his soul!
Anyway....where the hell were we again?
Oh right.
Along with his successes with the Walker Tariff, an act of great freedom and prosperity for good, honest, and wholesome Americans like meself, President Polk also had a few other successes.  Namely his establishment of a treasury system.  What the hell is that I don't know it just says that on Wikipedia and these foggets only gave me a pre-written script to read from.  What you think I actively study this foggy shat?  Jaysus kid, who do you think I am, your grandfather?
Oh wait I can't be, because your grandfather is dead!  Oh snap, crackle, POP!  IT'S A MICHAEL JORDAN TOUCHDOWN!!!!
Oh too soon?  Too soon?  Alright, I'll wait until Christmas to say that one from now on.
Polk, during his four years of presidency, also got to see the opening and groundbreaking of every national monument and naval academy ever making him possibly the sexiest 1 term President in history.  Yes in his four years in office James Polk would accomplish a lot more than John Failtard Tyler accomplished in his entire life.
Anyway, back to the elections.
In 1848, living up to his promise not to run for re-election, Polk would stay in da House and drink limon martinis while the Democratic and Whig Parties were scouting out for candidates to run in the General Election.  Knowing that in this period of intense American heart throbbing Steven Seagalesque nationalism the two parties would go out of their ways to nominate the sexy general Zachary Taylor as their candidate.  Because as we all know by now Americans certainly do love themselves a good GI Joe with flowers.  After being spurning off the advances of Democrats Taylor would receive a love letter from Daniel Webster, who promised to "surrender his heart, body, and soul....this day I promise you" or some foggy bullsh*t like that.
Hey, why else would they refer to themselves as the "Whig Party"?  Am I right?!  Or am I right!
No wonder your cretinous possibly closeted homosexual grandfather loved them!  He liked many a queer thing did he!  My god, the bastard put me in his will to receive his Yanni collection for god's sake!  I felt so tormented, so carsed I had to burn it as a sacrifice to the Virgin Mary and then pray the Loard Jesus for forgiveness for defiling me hands with his defilement!
Oi, me hands!  Oi wish oi could cut them off!  What carses before me eyes will bring next!  Besides massage parlors who don't even have the decency to leave me with a happy ending!
Tell your mother I was only joking about the massage parlors.
Anyway, on the Democratic side the party would nominate some dude named Lewis Cass who wouldn't be real memorable for anything except being the nominee in 1848.  Frankly all I remember him for was that his daughter had a nice little arse that she liked to show off to us lower east side fellas for some free China.  Actually, she probably would've been the better candidate for the Democratic Party, considering that she is totally for all white men!
(snickers)
Some Democrats, mostly closet cases I speculate, weren't so happy about Cass being nominated for President.  After all Lewis Cass was like the Tim Pawlenty of 1848 and probably was chosen by the Democratic Convention after they lost a drinking contest to Charles Sumner.  However there were those who would bolt the convention in protest of supposed pro-slavery leanings of Lewis, the Senator from Michigan.  What the hell would he enslave up there?  Moose?
Anyway, the so-called "Free Soil Party" would rally around the idea of opposing the spread of slavery into the western territories and standing against the evil evil "slave power" that was pushing the issue of slavery out of the minds of the voting public by the corrupt two party Masonic hierarchy.  This would explain why elections from 1836-1856 are generally referred to as the "That Election Era".  To up the sexy meter of nominees the Free Soil Party would nominate former President Martin Drunken Dutch Van Buren for President and Charles Bitch My Last Name is Adams for Vice President.  With two such prominent names on the ticket they would hope to capture and awe the nation with their high principles against the further spread of the corrupt and evil and Kmart shopping "Slave Power" elites.
But alas, as summer turned to fall the efforts of the heroic Free Soil Party would be in vain as they captured only ten percent of the vote.  However, the effects of the ticket could be felt in the general election as the Whigs barely eeked out an election victory of 47.5% over the abysmal Democratic ticket nobody remembers.
And so Zachary Taylor, the sexy military god figure he was, would be elected President and like his predecessor William Harrison would oversee four years of prosperity and greatness!

Oh wait................
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »

Were you too busy or did you forget this?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:49 AM »

Busy.

I had like 30 hours of work (plus going back to college, ughhh) over the past week and for some reason my biological clock clocks out around 10pm now (uhhh I hate getting old).  But hey, at least I wake up at 5;30 now and have like four hours to get the homework I was supposed to do the night before done in the morning.

I'll probably have another update up sometime this afternoon, if I don't decide to finally get the two measly hours of community service done at the regional food bank this evening.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 06:58:37 AM »

I really would like to see what a full four (eight?) years of Zachary Taylor would be like.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

Busy.

I had like 30 hours of work (plus going back to college, ughhh) over the past week and for some reason my biological clock clocks out around 10pm now (uhhh I hate getting old).  But hey, at least I wake up at 5;30 now and have like four hours to get the homework I was supposed to do the night before done in the morning.

I'll probably have another update up sometime this afternoon, if I don't decide to finally get the two measly hours of community service done at the regional food bank this evening.

I feel your pain.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »

Busy.

I'm 18 and I've been waking up at 11-12 for more than a week. Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

Okay, I'm drunk again so I'll try a go at this with 1852:

1852: Once elected into office Zachary Taylor tried really hard to follow in the footsteps of his Whig predecessor William H. Harrison in the great Realm of Stupidity.  Taylor would fail epically, only finally accomplishing his wish of dying in the most horrifically imaginably stupid way possible a year and a half into office instead of a month into office like the Great Master of Stupidly Killing Oneself William Harrison.  For his failure at achieving the Harrison level of stupidity, as well as being so dull and unmemorable by at least 99.99999991% of the total American population (well to be fair most of them are pathetic sad motherf***ing sods who think Iraq is literally another Vietnam on geography map tests) Zachary Taylor is commonly nicknamed "King Fail Supreme" by the 4 people on Atlas Forum who actually make the effort to glance at his wikipedia page for more than five minutes.
In his place Mallard Fillmore would become president.  Besides being a f***in' duck who made satirical statements with a smugf** look on his face that made him look like a cross between a greedy Jewish stereotype and an asshole version of Daffy Duck, Fillmore is fondly remembered as being an assholing asshole of a an asshole President who assholishly pissed off every assing asshole American asshole citizen that ever assholingly lived in the 18asshole50s.  One of the ways he did that was by having his spine surgically removed as to avoid pissing off people who hated his guts.  Ironically, this failed epically as his opponents secret fantasized about taking his spine out for a $15 prime steak at Tony Roma's.
Fillmore's term in office was so unremarkable that Mechaman didn't even bother to look at wikipedia for the usual descriptive prologue to the 1852 Election.  This is because, unlike Jackson, Fillmore didn't bother shooting people to death and thus becoming an American legend in the process.  However, unlike Tyler, Fillmore was such a failure that he even failed at being a failing failtard of a failed president.  In a way he was perhaps the first extremely unremarkable president: THE HEIGHT OF MEDIOCRITY!
Anyway, the Election of 1852.
Sorry?  What was that?
The 1852 Presidential Election.
Wait.....there was a presidential election in 1852?  Why is it that nobody remembers it?
(pulls out cheat sheet)
Oh right.................that one.
1852, the first election where nobody and their mother gave a sh*t about!
The Whig Convention, being the most exciting moment in US History from 1852-1856, saw a bitchfest between various factions in the Whig Party that were pissed off at each other.  Mallard Fillmore, being both a f***ing duck and an asshole, was widely rejected from his own party (much like his predecessor John Tyler) and ended up being carried out of the Convention by his wife who was the Women's Benchpress Champion of 1850 and 1851 (and would go on to be the winningest Women's Benchpress Champion in American history, winning from 1850-1869, thus scaring the tits off of Ulysses S. Grant AND George McClellan).  After everyone said the traditional "F*** the duck!" bit the convention got heated between various factions, particularly over slavery.  In the end the convention nominated proto-moderate hero What's His Name? to the presidency.  Some whig politicians, particular Daniel Hardon Webster, the King of All Overrated Massachusetts Politicians, bolted and ran on their own tickets promoting sh*t I don't know what.
On the Democratic side of things the people were too busy drinking and playing cards to notice anything going on.  Frankly, after the previous four years Democrats were too high to give a sh*t about anything that was going on in the past four years and were too busy debating the merits of Fight Club to really give a damn about issues like slavery.  The most drunkedest of these was Franklin Pierce, who spent most of the convention getting his diamond polished down to a fine salt by his wife.  Aww yes, times were much happier for the Pierce family before the damned presidency.
Whoops.........sorry about that.  Looks like I looked at the next page on the script.  Anyway........
Anyway, after the rest of the Democrats decided "f*** this Risk like political convention, it's 5:30 in the damn morning and I'm just going to attack everybody and get the sh*t killed out of me" Franklin Pierce, another proto-moderate hero from sexy New Hampshire, won the presidency...err I mean became the Democratic nominee for President.
The General Election campaign would be one of extreme apathy and people not giving a sh*tting sh*t about the sh*tting sh*tdamn of an election.  Franklin Pierce himself would walk out onto the balcony of his motel shirtless, while his wife walked up behind him and gave him a nice "love nestle", and make a few words about how much of a strong draft was coming in from the southwest.  The comments would earn Pierce a remarkable lead over Winfield Scott, who almost forgot who he was after blacking out after eating some sugary French Toast at IHOP.
Besides getting laid more Pierce also benefitted greatly from the general apathy of the election as people started perceiving Winfield Scott as a "old fatass version of Franklin Pierce".  Due to the unspectacular nature of the election Pierce would end up winning a landslide electoral election.  As a result Pierce would become the first (and perhaps only) person who won a landslide election despite nobody giving a sh*t about him.
Not surprisingly he turned out to suck epically.
Whoops.  Too soon.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »

Part of me wants to save the word "brilliant" for something more, well, brilliant, but I'll say it. this is brilliant.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »

Part of me wants to save the word "brilliant" for something more, well, brilliant, but I'll say it. this is brilliant.

Does "magnificent" work ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 04:50:23 AM »

Don't let this die !!!!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »

There'll be an update up later when I've had a few drinks in me.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't do this 100% sober.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »

There'll be an update up later when I've had a few drinks in me.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't do this 100% sober.

Well get on with it!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2012, 02:49:17 PM by MechaRepublican »

1856:

Eh, Franklin Pierce's tenure in office was.....well, special.
And by special I mean he failed epically.
Franklin Pierce was such a major epic failure that the Gods refused to kill him while in office, so he would have to face the penalty of unpopularity in office and the inability to sexual please his wife like the weakened, pathetic, battered excuse of a man he really was.
I mean really, where do I even begin?  From writing up plans to invade Cuba to renewing the debate over slavery by siding with the douchebag brigade on the Kansas-Nebraska Act, critics agree that Franklin Pierce's presidential term is "so excruciatingly bad it makes you want to kill your grandmother with a dull pencil" and other miscellaneous sh*t like that.
And thanks to that douchebag and his douchey douche decisions the emphasis on the slavery issue, once dormant, now came bursting to the forefront like a naked serial rapist bursting through an all girls orphanage with a bit of a heroin induced hay fever.
But whatever the critics may say of Pierce, he would be forever be known as a man who deeply loved his wife by moderate hero historians who couldn't think of a single successful thing he did as President.
Anyway, given Pierce's level of fail his Democratic Party would suffer a huge defeat in the 1854 Congressional Elections.  In this election the so-called Opposition Coalition that consisted of the Whig Party and two new parties: the Republican Party, which was opposed to the so-called "slave power", and the Know Nothing Party.....who are probably some of the biggest douchebags in the history of American politics.  This latter party, the Know Nothing Party, was like the Tea Party of the 1850's: staunchly nativist (ie assholes) and outraged at the state America had come to after being ravished by the evil German Hibernian hordes that defiled it hence for the past several decades, the "Americans" would reach prominence by appealing to the disgust of loyal White Anglo Saxon Protestants and other "native borns" at the closet popery of the Democratic Party.
Many clapped and cheered as the restoration of America's traditional values became a reality.
IN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 1856!  THE GREAT ONE!  THE MOST PIVOTAL ELECTION IN AMERICAN HISTORY!
Well, until 1860 that is.
Anyway, the Democratic Party was left at a critical disadvantage going into the 1856 Presidential Election with President Failtard at the helm.  Almost immediately, sexy proto-moderate hero Stephen A. Douglas jumped into the fray against the little wanker bastard to take the helms of the party back into moderate hero greatness like it's ancestor party the Democratic-Republicans did under James teh Abs Monroe.  Once again America would retire to bed with greatness and Sergio Leone films scores, beautiful film scores that evoke a memory of an America that once was and ever will be, would play in the backgrounds of Brooklyn.  I mean, hell the only other person who was running was that Gayes Buchanan, I mean James Buchanan.
Wrong, apparently the famously eccentric James Buchanan had a gay old time with the delegations and managed to gain the confidence of the Democratic white male voters.  There was a lot of wringing of the hands to gain Buchanan the nomination, so to speak.  Tensions were on a boiling point....about ready to explode all over the place.  In the end, to the great delight of the Pennsylvania delegation, James Buchanan made it through the night as his opponents succumbed to his might.  To soothe over the big Southern boys the Democrats would nominate John Breckenridge of Kentucky, who had just graduated from the eighth grade.  The Democrats would soothe his anger by promising that the Vice Presidency was much cooler than Sunday Morning Political Cartoons.
The American Party, decided that it had to get real for this sh*t, decided to pool it's very best and brightest white protestant candidates to combat the evil Papist scourge that was threatening to destroy everything held dear by White Anglo Protestant Pilgrim Brahmin America.  But first things first they needed to address the issue of slavery, which they regarded with a certain interest as one man watches a steaming pile of sh*t in a field of cows.  In other words, they decided to go uber moderate hero on the issue of slavery as it was nothing but a boner killing issue that would divide the party and thus leave it wide open to attack from borderline socialist radical loony bin radical abolitionist Republicans who would then pervert the movement of defending traditional Americanism with one that would make all white men slaves to a mammoth welfare state at the behest of the Roman Pope and his freedom hating armies via the Democrats, who as we all know, are a bunch of potato eating alcoholics who would sell their own sisters for a piece of nice ass and five hundred more votes!
In other words, they nominated Mallard Fillmore as President.  Yes, who better than some smug-ass duck bastard to lead the armies of Protestant America into battle in the Election of 1856!  I fail to see how this could be nothing less than the greatest triumph in the history of politics as a failed Duck president comes back from a four year absence to restore America to true greatness!  Hallelujah praise the true lord!
The Republican Convention would be a completely different story.  Considering that the party was formed in opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, the Convention would be a bunch of back country white men complaining about how the evil Slave Power is threatening American Democracy and sh*t like that.  Seriously, that's all the Republicans ever talked about in 1856 was "Slavery! Slavery!  Slavery!" like it was the f***ing Black Plague or something.  I swear to god a few of them were foaming at the mouth whenever somebody even so much as mentioned Kansas Nebraska Act.  Like the words themselves released an inner demonic being within Republicans that wished to seek out and destroy every southern landowner and give their oppressed slaves a bunch of free hugs!
Strawman much, asshole?
Okay fine, I admit they did talk about a few other things.  Like congressional sovereignty in the territories and being extreme moralists about men getting their dicks wet in Utah.
You aren't talking about their opposition to polygamy, right?  Wait till that feminist art chick you slept with hears about this you misogynistic bastard!
My goodness sorry.  Man you got such a bulb up your arse don't you?  Just shut up and let me finish.
F*** you Mecha.  You are a sexist asshole with possible slavery sympathies.  Please go kill yourself and stop torturing us with this so-called "Presidential Elections Series".
You made bro?
Anyway, the Republicans came out into their convention flush with sexual confidence that they would be able to return AMerica to the way it was meant to be!  That after their election into office they would ascend the throne of heaven and would truly be known as the party of equality.  The party of freedom.  The party of opportunity.  The party of......jesus this is starting to sound pretentious.
The Democratic Party was full of pro-slavery racists and moderate heroes with no balls.  The Know Nothing Party was full of psycho nativists and slavery moderate heroes with no balls.  That means they both suck and are insane.  Vote Republican.
At the Republican Convention the party would settle for former California Senator John Fremont, who is known for his ravishingly proto-Hugh Jackman good looks and being so radically anti-slavery that he made it a point to shoot at least one white slave owner on his way to work everyday.  He was like Andrew Jackson, for black people.  Also, some guy from New Jersey was chosen to be the VP nominee.
As the election season came upon the nation it became clear that the election would favor the Democrats who were running in all states of the nation.  However, the Republicans would have a strong ground game in the heavily anti-slavery north where they capitalized on the opposition to slavery and the Kansas-Nebraska Act.  Surprisingly, Fremont's "f*** the South" strategy would have dividends, as he would perform very strongly in traditional "f*** the Democrats" strongholds like Vermont and Massachusetts in the days leading up to Election Day.  They would focus extra hard on the slave power issue, contending that the Democrats and their slave holding allies would overturn Democracy in order to preserve their conglomeration of proto-corporate power and influence over the American government.  This message was really strong with proto-latte liberals and organic fair trade cow farmers and what not, but didn't go over that well at all down South.  The Democrats would charge the Republican Party was full of people so radical that if elected it would result in the quick secession of various Southern states and the overturning of the 1st Amendment in favor of an official government religion of Rastafarianism.  The Know Nothing Party.......................................I think they ran on a "ALWAYS LAST MINUTE NEVER LAST PLACE!!!" platform.
Well, the Know Nothing Party succeeded in that they came in at third place over the dozens of fourth place losers.  But still though, considering that they had that f***ing duck bastard running it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone with an above room temperature IQ that the party was shot deader than a Dodo bird because of the overdose of moderate heroism displayed by their candidate.  The Republican Party, despite campaigning like a bunch of Coexist t-shirt wearing Whole Foods employees in 1856, managed to win most of the North minus Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Illinois.  New Jersey, being the fifth circle of hell, doesn't count as part of the North for all intents and purposes.
And despite being an old fartbag who is a little bit light in the boots and the choice of the party of President Failtard, Buchanan managed to be elected to the presidency with a commanding margin.  This would make Buchanan the first President elected into office despite being widely despised by everyone (including his own party) simply because the other two choices looked insane.  Making him kind of a proto-Edwin Edwards if you will.
James Buchanan would surprise us all and become the greatest president of the United States since George Washington, thus restoring our national confidence and ending the conflict over slavery for good.

EDIT: Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »

The GOP won Ohio, they lost Indiana as I recall.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »

That's getting more and more awesome every time. Smiley
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »

When we get to the Guilded age, could you go back to doing short, two-three sentance summaries? Since you can only do this while drunk, and there are many elections left, I don't want you to die as a result of your drunkenness.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2012, 07:53:31 AM by MechaRepublican »

When we get to the Guilded age, could you go back to doing short, two-three sentance summaries? Since you can only do this while drunk, and there are many elections left, I don't want you to die as a result of your drunkenness.
No offense man, but that's just ridic.

I don't write this sh*t drunk, otherwise my entries would be a "I love you George Washington" instead of the buzzed ramblings you've seen so far.
This may shock people but some people can have a couple of beers and not be drunk but at the same time not be 100% sober.

And as for your whole doing short two-three sentence summaries?  Man I don't decide to write these large ass summaries, they just happen.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

Given how you tend to write and what you focus on, when we get to the election of "Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion", it should be great. Cheesy
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

You're actually making me like Andrew Jackson.

How can you not like him? Surprise  He's a bigger badass than teddy!

I don't think so.

Then U r wrong
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

I really would like to see what a full four (eight?) years of Zachary Taylor would be like.

No one really knows.  He was kind of a Whig in name only, spurning efforts to establish a third national bank and raise tariffs.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »

Just wondering if that's your real opinion of Millard Fillmore.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

Nah, my real opinion is more moderate hero.

Considering how bad the presidents around him were, he's not really that bad of a president.  His run as the Know Nothing candidate is a pretty black mark in my book, but considering that a lot of former Whigs joined the party mostly out of a "f*** Pierce" motivation it's not that bad of a factor.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:23 PM »

On a somewhat late note, John Quincy Adams is awesome.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 05:54:28 AM »

Mechaman should get drunk more often. Wink
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »

Nah, my real opinion is more moderate hero.

Considering how bad the presidents around him were, he's not really that bad of a president.  His run as the Know Nothing candidate is a pretty black mark in my book, but considering that a lot of former Whigs joined the party mostly out of a "f*** Pierce" motivation it's not that bad of a factor.

Couldn't have said it better myself Wink.  I really hope you don't let this die; you better get really loaded for 1860 Wink!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies