The Delegate Fight: 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:51:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: 2012  (Read 78808 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: March 15, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »

Just out of curiosity (I make no claim to know otherwise, since my predictions about the 2012 primary season have proven so dismally poor), this is my question.

After all the acrimony of the primary season, after all the time he has spent propping up Santorum and excoriating Romney, why would Gingrich want to go to bat for Romney with his delegates in August in trade for a post in a Romney administration?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing Gingrich of having principles or anything, so I concede that after all the hew and cry, he might just do it.  But hasn't all of Gingrich's invective made it very unlikely that Romney would want to give him anything even if Gingrich dangled his delegates in August?  Wouldn't the delegates Gingrich may have picked up by then just split on their own on the convention floor and go over to Santorum if Gingrich did something that cynical?  I'm not claiming to know better, please understand; I'm just not seeing how that kind of move on Gingrich's part could possibly work. 
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »

Yeah, a lot of that looks right to me, Torie.  I think Paul would be far more likely to help Mitt out in August if he needed it.  But with the delegate count going the way it is, and with big contests like Illinois, New York and California coming down the pike. Romney still looks on track without needing much help.  But, like I said, my predictions for this primary season have genuinely sucked, so we'll see.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies