Keystone Phil Courageously Speaks the Truth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:04:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Keystone Phil Courageously Speaks the Truth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Keystone Phil Courageously Speaks the Truth  (Read 3441 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
« edited: December 23, 2011, 07:21:45 AM by Averroës Nix »

I know that Torie's recent thread addresses the same topic, but this event seems notable enough in itself, and I'd prefer to avoid the entrenched set of arguments that have taken over there, at least initially.

Video clip here.

I've never seen Paul looking this irritated or defensive before. Can he come up with a better way of responding to this line of questioning? Is there enough time before Iowa for it to matter? Does the electorate care?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »

He actually answered her questions--they ask the same question all the time. Paul was annoyed, but the reporter was polite. She was doing her job. There are no bad guys in this scenario.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:26:14 PM »

He actually answered her questions--they ask the same question all the time. Paul was annoyed, but the reporter was polite. She was doing her job. There are no bad guys in this scenario.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »

Really, I see a reporter characterizing remarks as "incendiary," Paul disagreeing with that characterization, and the reporter lecturing Paul about how "incendiary" the remarks were.

I don't think lecturing people whom are standing for POTUS is professional behavior for a member of the press. A professional manner of acting would have been following up Paul's remarks with an example from the newsletter, and, some brief explanation of why it could be deemed "incendiary."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:40:16 AM »

Ron Paul acts as if this is unexpected. He is not being treated any differently than the other Republican contenders. As soon as you rise above the rest, anything questionable in your public record is up for discussion by the press and the people.

At first we got to hear about how Ron Paul wasn't getting any media attention. Now supporters are saying the media is stabbing at him. And? That's what happens when you reach front-runner status; I know Ron Paul supporters are not familiar with this feeling, but learn quickly. Just because he and his supporters suggest that he is a different candidate doesn't mean the media will treat him differently.

We can argue about how interviews should go and I might agree with some conservatives here who thought the interview was conducted in an unprofessional manner. Borger seemed too folksy and casual at points. Nevertheless, the content itself should be what is judged; Ron Paul would have been allowed time to explain why his comments were not incendiary. Perhaps he did the right thing, though, because there is no good way to explain how multiple accounts of racist, nutty pointers and articles ended up in your paper nor how they could not be considered "incendiary".
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »

She wasn't even asking a question at that point.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »

This is hilarious! hahaha

Paul goes on for YEARS attacking everyone else. Now that he has to take the heat he can't take it. This is just too good to be true.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »

The child acts like a child. Stunning!

What a coward.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »

The child acts like a child. Stunning!

What a coward.

Are you referring to Mr."WOULD YOU LET ME FINISH/COME ON GIVE ME MORE TIME" from the earlier debates?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »

The heat is getting to the troll's supporters, I see.

Oh, I can't wait until the new year. It'll be nice to see this clown stomped on.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

This is why I don't buy that he didn't write those newsletters. There is no reason to get angry if you haven't done anything wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »

But...but...they've been bothering THE DOCTOR for twenty years about this stuff! He has a cult to lead!
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »

The heat is getting to the troll's supporters, I see.

Oh, I can't wait until the new year. It'll be nice to see this clown stomped on.

The new year will indeed be nice, what with Paul winning Iowa and Santorum winning the "Gays Stole My Wife" demographic.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd imagine you'd get bothered if you were accused of being a racist everywhere you turned no matter what you said and weren't allowed to actually say anything of substance.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »

I do wonder when/if we'll see movement in the polls due to this coverage. The pessimist in me suspects dear Ron shall be Herman Cain 2.0, but as of yet this has not really been borne out in the numbers. And the most people are still showing up to his events, though who can tell how much that means.

I do question if all this "Iowa won't matter if Paul wins" coverage won't actually end up helping Paul with those voters. It seems like a pretty offensive argument to me, but I am biased, so it's hard to say what normal people think of it.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »

I'd imagine you'd get bothered if you were accused of being a racist everywhere you turned no matter what you said and weren't allowed to actually say anything of substance.

Walking out on a interview certainly wouldn't be an option, if I didn't do something, I would simply repeat that I didn't do it and not walk off the set. Overreacting only raises more suspicion.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »

The new year will indeed be nice, what with Paul winning Iowa and Santorum winning the "Gays Stole My Wife" demographic.

Paul won't win Iowa. THE DOCTOR is cracking under the pressure of real media exposure. You really can't blame the child. After years of being an old joke, one can't expect him to act serious when people try to take him somewhat seriously. If he does win, Iowa will be meaningless and his victory will be ignored. We serious people don't like when children interrupt adult conversations.

...then don't write what Paul wrote. Or how about this: don't be a racist.

THE DOCTOR is a fraud.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »

Going by the poll numbers, he's doing better than ever.

Remember when Cain was doomed to collapse from the accusations? It just cemented support for him up until he made a series of stupid mistakes followed by someone actually coming out to accuse him. I doubt Paul is going to suddenly collapse.

The only people you're reassuring are yourself and the talking heads that are rapidly losing relevance.

Uh huh.

http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2011/01/14307/
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »

With all due respect, I would argue that ignoring results you don't like is rather undemocratic.

I could see if Paul had no support outside of Iowa, but he's polling in third or second in New Hampshire. He's going to be  a factor in the early states. I would argue it's unfortunate for the mainstream of the Republican party to dismiss him, if only because he's then more likely to run third party, which I think we could all agree would ensure President Obama's reelection.

I don't consider myself as vehement as some of Paul's other supporters. I strongly support him, but it's clear the man has flaws(His poor character judgement perhaps is at the top of the list).  But can't we all agree that the man and his organization has proven he has a niche in the Republican party? Dismissing that niche is counterproductive, especially when it's getting more people, especially young people, involved in the Republican party than any other candidate.

That being said, I prefer Santorum to Bachmann. I believe he's a sincere man, whatever else his flaws may be. He was my first ever vote in 2006, and while he's fallen in my esteem since then, I still harbor some respect for him for being principled. Let us all agree that he should finish ahead of Romney, ha ha.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

Going by the poll numbers, he's doing better than ever.

Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts.

Yeah...and then he did.

So Cain wasn't done in by the accusations; he was done in by someone actually accusing him. Uh, what?

Oh, of course! No one can silence the will of the Paultards!

You're right. No one can stop that momentum even when a total nut wins Iowa. 1988 Republican Presidential nominee Pat Robertson can speak to that.

Very good point! Shouldn't supporters of the supposed frontrunner be riding above the fray? I guess not when they're cult members.

Just run away from the thread next time. Follow THE DOCTOR'S cue.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »

With all due respect, I would argue that ignoring results you don't like is rather undemocratic.

The only thing "undemocratic" would be denying Paul delegates to the convention after his win. Downplaying the results isn't undemocratic.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »

Just ignore Phil.  The santorum is clearly making him itchy.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »

It's clear the man has flaws(His poor character judgement perhaps is at the top of the list).  But can't we all agree that the man and his organization has proven he has a niche in the Republican party? Dismissing that niche is counterproductive, especially when it's getting more people, especially young people, involved in the Republican party than any other candidate.

With regard to the Ron Paul Survival Report, how is Paul's niche being "dismissed"? That it's being widely discussed suggests the opposite. Heightened scrutiny and reporters refusing to accept Paul's dismissals are signs that he's gained credibility.

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »

What I learned form this thread:

1) Phil is upset Santorum didn't make the Virginia cut.

2) A-Steve or whatever is upset Gingrich is the white Republican version of Obama.

What I learned today:

1) Paul's biggest defenders are minorities. Fancy that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »

The Paultards truly are a wonderful, trolling people. The Dear Leader, DOCTOR PAUL, is caught in an obviously awkward moment that makes him look like even more of a toolbox and the children respond with the typical "You're just angry that your candidate didn't _______! So ha!"

This self destruction will be a sight.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:30 PM »

You just proved my point. Your bitterness is more than obvious to everyone on the site. I was hoping you were willing to come around and have some decent conversation, but apparently that is too much.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies