Holden vs. Santorum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:24:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Holden vs. Santorum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for Holden (D) vs. Santorum (R)?
D-Holden

D-Santorum

R-Holden

R-Santorum

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Holden vs. Santorum  (Read 23098 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: December 31, 2004, 12:17:35 PM »

Holden would be very good and he would cream Santorum, though liberal turnout wouldn't be very high. Maybe 54-44
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 12:58:37 AM »

I'd vote Holden.

I think he'd have a chance but would do less well in the Philly 'burbs than a liberal pro-choice Democrat.

Klink failed in 2000, so the PA Dems might be wise to nominate a more socially liberal candidate.

Exactly, follow this advice PA Dems. NClib knows all
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 01:19:41 AM »

I'd vote Holden.

I think he'd have a chance but would do less well in the Philly 'burbs than a liberal pro-choice Democrat.

Klink failed in 2000, so the PA Dems might be wise to nominate a more socially liberal candidate.

Exactly, follow this advice PA Dems. NClib knows all

Klink lost because he didn't win socially liberal, economically conservative voters in the Philly suburbs. If nominating a socially conservative candidate didn't work in 2000, why would it work in 2006?

Because Klink was a Moran who ran a half-@ssed campaign. Holden is popular among Conservative Dems and he would be the reverse Arlen Specter. He would win the middle and more than compensate for lower liberal turnout.  Remember, Rendell is also running in 2006, so the Liberals will come out to vote for him.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 10:42:24 PM »

The Luzerne County Dems are dead while the GOP organization is the best in the state.  Baring Casey or his brother Smiley running, Luzerne County goes Republican.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 01:13:47 AM »

The Luzerne County Dems are dead while the GOP organization is the best in the state.  Baring Casey or his brother Smiley running, Luzerne County goes Republican.

Kanjorski's home?  It has a shot.

Kanjorski would be elected if he died.  They love the pork he gets for Wilkes Barre.

The reason Hoeffel couldn't get Luzerne is the two Democratic County Commissioners are involved in a scandal where they paid I think, 15 million for a lease to a social services center, when they already had a suitable site to build it for 5 million.  the GOP commissioner is really hitting them over it.  Added to thatis a general distrust among many of the Democrats here after the pitifull mayor and commissioners they had before 2003.  All this results in an extremely inept Luzerne Couunty organization and added to that, the GOP group here is excellant. They have great organization and a good group of volunteers.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 01:27:45 AM »

Kanjorski's home?  It has a shot.

What would Kanjorski's home have to do with this unless he was the candidate?

My point is Kanjorski can stump for Hoeffel and it would help.  A good part of why I have a Dem avatar and am registered as such is due to state and national politics.  At the local level, both parties suck and are corrupt jackasses with minor exceptions.  As Jake points out that the Dems look bad locally.  IHMO, that usually doesn't translate at the national level.   

Kanjorski stumping for Hoeffel wouldn't do much. Hoeffel will not be elected to the U.S. Senate in 2006.

Actually Phil, Kanjorski stumping for Hoeffel would be beneficial to Hoeffel. It is much better for someone from the region to stump rather than Jessie Jackson or Hilary Clinton. 

The only NE county I could see going Hoeffel is Lackawanna.  Much better Democratic ground game and slightly more Democratic area.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 02:01:18 AM »

Kanjorski would be elected if he died.  They love the pork he gets for Wilkes Barre.

The reason Hoeffel couldn't get Luzerne is the two Democratic County Commissioners are involved in a scandal where they paid I think, 15 million for a lease to a social services center, when they already had a suitable site to build it for 5 million.  the GOP commissioner is really hitting them over it.  Added to thatis a general distrust among many of the Democrats here after the pitifull mayor and commissioners they had before 2003.  All this results in an extremely inept Luzerne Couunty organization and added to that, the GOP group here is excellant. They have great organization and a good group of volunteers.

I'd really question how much a local scandal would affect a statewide race, unless it involved the statewide candidate.  It didn't with Preate.

I'm talking about how the Democrats are organized. It is a real "head in the butt" mentality with this county's Democrats which affects their organization and gOTV effort.  I was just using the scandal as an example of the disorganization.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies