2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond  (Read 82617 times)
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »

I'm crazy to see SC election night. Louisiana also, with Mme. Landrieu fighting for her seat (the only Southern seat in Democratic hands since Reconstruction). Senator Hagan fighting for re-election and Chambliss (may Cain-minus scandals have primaried him). A great election night...
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:09:04 PM »

Jim Folsom Jr. is a Harold Stassen who wins primaries only going to lose on a geral. Bob Bright or even Bud Cramer would be wisest choices to Senate.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:16:39 AM »

Sheila gets Daddy's former seat. Madigan could choice the job she wanted, although gubernatorial is more of a uphill job, as Illinois is an ungovernable state, but I believe that Quinn reformed kinds enough to prevent repeats of Ryan and Blago. I think that in RI, the better thing that GOP could get is a town councillor or a state senator/representative from a swing area by RI standards, but it's a smart decision towards senate election, in order to keep some Chaffee's Republicans from supporting senator Reed, but I think that margin for Chaffee against Cicilline would be somewhat higher, breaking the 50s. Maybe a stronger than-expected libertarian guy.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:21 AM »

I'm only saddened that my beloved Rachel isn't on this update. It's very hard to see WI and MI sending members of Tea Party's gang back into gubernatorial mansions, but it will be fun to see Gary Johnson at Senate...
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2012, 08:11:09 AM by RodPresident »

This update is more equally distributed than previous. The fun is that we have two gubernatorial fights in Colorado...I'd like to see updates of at-large house districts. Will Dave Freudenthal win re-election in WY-AL?
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »

I'm very saddened because suspension of thread. Miles, you made a hard and good work, mapping counties and districts. Only thing that I have to consider is that you forgot was California gubernatorial election. I hope to you get back on the track to talk about new Congress, off-year elections and 2016 primaries.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »

I'd put Gary Johnson running under Paulite wing. In Democratic Party, Schweitzer could be a strong candidate, like Sebelius running too. Vice President Beebe can have a good way towards Presidency, although he'd be more useful running to Senate.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »

In this thread, Paul could throw hat in if things go enough bad to assure him re-election in Kentucky. I'd like to see George Clooney in this thread too, challenging Paul or trying to get Boxer's seat.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »

Good update, Miles. Good luck to Carville in run-off. Any new thing about Presidential contest?
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

Some good names that I feel that aren't on field: John Hoeven (he would be a good fit for Iowa), Eric Cantor and a pure breeding Paulite.
Martinez would be ahead of Huntsman in Iowa. She isn't like 2012' bunch of crazy people who ran. Rubio wouldn't be ahead of Jindal in SC, unless he gets DeMint's endorsement. Martinez and Rubio would be better fits for Ohio and Michigan.
Huntsman needs to throw big money if he wants to win primary. Early states map is bad for Martinez, because she has shot only to win Nevada.
Primary dates are important, like if delegations will suffer punition or not.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

Miles, you made not so good, not so bad update. Miller isn't so representative of progressive movement. A NC bias is bad. A more exciting candidate for progressives would be Tammy Baldwin or maybe Denise Juneau. He'll only derail Warner's train in South. Cuomo's situation is bad, very bad. If he fails to win IA or NH, he'll have to drop-out. Patrick should focus in NH and SC. Wyden isn't a presidential material. I'd put my money in nomination going for Patrick or Udall.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 10:39:08 PM »

In NH, a victory for Huntsman is very likely, although I believe that Martinez is underpolling. Wyden should drop out. His voters would go Patrick and Miller.
In South Carolina, I believe that Patrick is very underpolling and he's leading, unless Brad Miller gets to peform very well with African American democratics. Gohmert is in win-or-die contest in SC. M
A early state absent is Nevada. Maybe, Martinez's hopes are there.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »

Wyden should drop out as he has no path towards nomination.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »

Tom Coburn would be a better candidate in GOP primaries than Gohmert, although his friendship to Obama can play against him.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »

I'd like to see Udall winning the nomination and going against Jindal. A Democratic Mormon vs. Indian-American Republican.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »

Udall should go to do a Western campaign and try to heir Patrick's voters in Northeast. He should make a very big push to win California in a landslide to get momentum into Convention. Pennsylvania should be a battleground between Cuomo and Warner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies