2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond  (Read 82618 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 11, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »

Ron Klein Tongue. Thank God he lost, he was a terrible Congressman. I live in his district. Awesome update, sad to see Scott go. Weird seeing Herman Cain in the Senate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »

And were off to 2016 Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »

I'd put Gary Johnson running under Paulite wing.
Im not sure if he would challenge Rand. But if he were not to run, then he could run.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

I know I'm waaaay overdue, but I'll have a huge 2016 Preisdent update tomorrow!
Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »

Yeah, I think the absence of Rand Paul is big. I also think Gary Johnson would run if Rand did not.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

Interesting to see how well Huntsman does in Iowa considering how well he did otl.  Looking Forward to more Wink

This.

Miller vs. Huntsman would be the best campaign ever.

Who's Miller?  Is he a favorite of yours?

A progressive democrat congressman from NC, who will not run for reelection this year because of redistricting...

Yes; here's a bit more background on Miller:

As Julio alluded to, redistricting played a big part in starting (and ending) his Congressional career. Back in 2000, he was the NC State Senator who led the redistricting Committee. Back then, NC gained one seat in the census; he drew the new 13th district for himself. He won 5 terms in Congress and was known for his role as a strong Keynesian voice on the Financial Services Committee; he's also a blogger at the DailyKos.

Well, when the Republicans won a majority the NC Legislature in 2010, they controlled redistricting. They turned Miller's 13th from a 59/40 Obama district to a 54/45 McCain one. His other option was to run against Rep. Dave Price, another Democrat, in the redrawn 4th; at 72% Obama, the new 4th was drawn as a Democratic vote sink. Either way, he'd be the underdog, so he just retired. I hear Price may be retiring in a few cycles, so a Miller comeback may be in the cards.

I'm friends with him on my Facebook account (as nerdy as that sounds); we've had a few good conversations about politics.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info Wink.

So you're friends with the Congressman on Facebook?  That's pretty cool, I never knew public figures had the time/will to speak with people one-on-one.  I might have to check if Ron Paul's got a Facebook account Wink
His wife does. I tried to add her, but her friend requests were maxed out. I have found Barry Goldwater Jr, Tom Tancredo, and most of the Bush families personal facebooks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »

Wyden and Udall should drop out, they have no path to victory. Warners chances also seem to be waning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies