Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements  (Read 23426 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: December 27, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »

Good riddance. He was a total DINO. And before anyone claims that he's the best Senator possible from Nebraska, his predecessor was more liberal, and was one of only 13 nay votes on DOMA.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 12:26:26 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

I'd rather have a 230-205 Democratic majority with 150 DINOs than a 230-205 Republican majority with no DINOs.

I used to think the same way you and MilesC56 do until I saw our Democratic majorities in action the first two years of Obama's presidency.  I feel quite differently now.  Having a majority is useless if you can't pass basic liberal priorities, like the Employee Free Choice Act, or an Obamacare with a public option.  

I'm glad you came around. I'd settle for 146 Democrats who would actually be willing to block a veto override of any absolutely terrible bill. Then if there was ever a sane President, there'd be no more absolutely terrible bills.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 04:16:01 AM »

Got your april fools' joke out three days late, Tim.

Is he not retiring after all?
He is retiring. But that piece of news so soon after the primary feels like an april fool's joke.

Let me guess, the machine will pick a close relative with sh**tty views like they did for Dan Lipinski.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies