Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements  (Read 23403 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »

Great. There was still a tiny lingering doubt about this seat. I greatly prefer guaranteed pick ups even though this means the DSCC can devote more to other states but that also frees up cash for the NRSC.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:54:03 PM »

Great. There was still a tiny lingering doubt about this seat. I greatly prefer guaranteed pick ups even though this means the DSCC can devote more to other states but that also frees up cash for the NRSC.

Not quite. You guys still have to deal with a primary, which takes money from other races (though the NRSC won't have to spend)

I don't see a reason why they'd have to spend money there now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »

Republican PA Congressman Todd Platts is retiring. Very surprising. Platts is known for having a bit of a moderate streak in a very conservative, safe GOP seat. That will certainly be an interesting open seat primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »

Check out the PA Redistricting thread in the Political Geography and Demographics thread for the map. Otherwise, check out the state's official redistricting website: http://www.redistricting.state.pa.us/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »

He voted with the GOP leadership 89% of the time; not really 'moderate', but thats pretty low relative to the rest of the caucus.

Which is why I used "streak." He was also known for angling for a spot in the Obama Administration.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »

One of the most unintentionally hilarious posts in awhile.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

Just saw it on Politico and the NC 2012 thread but figured I'd post it here, too, for those that don't read the other sources.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies