Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:50:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul....  (Read 3105 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: December 28, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »

THIS JUST IN: NEWT GINGRICH REFUSES TO RULE OUT THIRD PARTY RUN
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »

But libertarians pretending to be Republicans don't make up 24% of the Iowa GOP electorate. Ron Paul is getting normal Republicans to vote for him too. And for some reason even though Ron Paul has never been a team player with the rest of the party, people expect the rest of the party to be team players with him. It doesn't work that way. If Paul wants the establishment to support him, he's going to need to support the establishment.

I was unaware that loyalty to The Party took precedence over loyalty to your values or to your country. Thanks for that spiel, Comrade
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »

I was unaware that loyalty to The Party took precedence over loyalty to your values or to your country. Thanks for that spiel, Comrade

Well, other than party loyalty why would we expect Gingrich to vote for Ron Paul?

Newt has been claiming to be loyal to the Republican party above all else, whereas Paul hasn't. Newt also claimed he wouldn't be engaging in personal attacks either (Chris Wallace took him up on this), but thats a different story.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

He'd "have a lot of heartburn" with Paul over national security issues but Santorum claims he'd vote for him over Obama. Ugh.  Sad

Oh, well. It won't come to that. Time to be happy about the real Santorum Surge in Iowa!  Smiley

If 16% on a "Republicans only" poll less than a week from the caucuses is enough to win, I'll eat my underpants.

However, I feel you're happiness too, funny enough. Santorum has basically no chance of winning Iowa short of divine intervention, but he could perform well. He could even beat Romney for second! That would probably be the best case scenario for Paul, since Santorum has about as much chance of performing well outside of Iowa (and maybe, say, Louisiana) as I do of becoming the head of the GRU, while Romney's veil of legitimacy would be torn at the seams.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »

So what is Ron Paul going to do once he's out of Congress? Maybe do some of those "BUY GOLD!" commercials?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies