Interesting video from Obama's campaign manager (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Interesting video from Obama's campaign manager (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting video from Obama's campaign manager  (Read 1168 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: December 30, 2011, 02:50:30 AM »

I don't think the ideas presented are all that secret. Demographics spell this out and the Republicans are quite aware of it. The BS part is more substantial and worth discussing, I'd say.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:48 AM »

Yeah, there does seem to be a lack of the "every state is important" rhetoric and I think that's mainly due to how close this election possibly will be and videos like that are made with the intent of supporters - specifically, volunteers - viewing them and being energized by them if they in fact live in those areas.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »

Yeah, there does seem to be a lack of the "every state is important" rhetoric and I think that's mainly due to how close this election possibly will be and videos like that are made with the intent of supporters - specifically, volunteers - viewing them and being energized by them if they in fact live in those areas.

And what of the volunteers living in other areas?  Did you notice that Indiana and Missouri did not feature in any of their 'paths', even the Midwest-oriented one?  Obama won one and nearly won the other last time.  It's hardly going to energize his team in those states for a repeat performance there if his campaign manager admits that they're not even priorities.

Basically this video proves that Howard Dean's fairly successful '50-state strategy' is well and truly dead.

I don't think the 50-state strategy is dead so much as it's dormant right now given the averse political conditions. Indiana and Missouri are probably lost causes unless the tide really turns blue, at which point they will not matter as much in securing victory. If Missouri and Indiana go blue, then Virginia, Florida, Nevada, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania and probably North Carolina will too and at that point it's a landslide with or without them.

Arizona is a valuable investment as is Virginia and North Carolina. Pennsylvania should be safe Obama territory despite people still considering it a swing state in presidential elections. Ohio and Florida will need focus as does Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 03:53:40 AM »

The fact that they are scouring for 270 or 275 or 272 and they won four years ago with 365 gives me some hope.

It all comes down to where the base begins:

DEM - 246
REP - 197
TOSS - 95

Just for graphical ease of access, here are the plans outlined in the video:

BASELINE:

WEST PATH:

FLORIDA PATH:

SOUTH PATH:

MIDWEST PATH:

EXPANSION PATH:
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 04:37:40 AM »

They do seem rather ridiculous. I think it's meant to demonstrate a sign of strength, because obviously the result will end up combining more than one of those maps. It's essentially saying "we need one major swing state and two smaller ones out of these eleven to win, so suck it Republicans".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies