Tax Code That Encourages Manufacturing and Savings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Tax Code That Encourages Manufacturing and Savings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tax Code That Encourages Manufacturing and Savings  (Read 13876 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »

Here is my idea....please note, I have little to no economic knowledge.

1. Withdrawal the US from NAFTA, and other global Free Trade treaties which lead to outsourcing of jobs.
2. Place tariffs on imports from China and India.
3. Tax Deductions for business which use only American made equipment/products.
4. Institute a Flat Tax of about 15% on everyone’s income for the time being.
5. Cut spending on Defense; abolish HUD, Commerce, Education, Interior, and Agriculture Departments.
6. Lower corporate tax rate to 15%, abolish Death tax. Give tax credits to small businesses who hire returning Veterans. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »

Here is my idea....please note, I have little to no economic knowledge.

1. Withdrawal the US from NAFTA, and other global Free Trade treaties which lead to outsourcing of jobs.
2. Place tariffs on imports from China and India.
3. Tax Deductions for business which use only American made equipment/products.
4. Institute a Flat Tax of about 15% on everyone’s income for the time being.
5. Cut spending on Defense; abolish HUD, Commerce, Education, Interior, and Agriculture Departments.
6. Lower corporate tax rate to 15%, abolish Death tax. Give tax credits to small businesses who hire returning Veterans. 

I'm glad you said this...

Most people don't.  The problem is they don't even realise it.

The problem with "abolishing" HUD, Commerce, Education, Interior, and Agriculture Departments is most people don't know what these departments do.  FYI part of what the Interior Department does is protect the president.  I'm not sure the people running for president that say this kind of thing even realize that.  Some just hand wave and say other departments can do the work.  Well if that's the case the head count in other departments is going to go up.  I'm not sure in the end you are really going to save much money for all the disruption you are going to cause.  People say eliminate this department or that department but I have never seen a detailed plan as to how they are actually going to accomplish that.  If they can make it work I'll vote for them.  There is no need to have the government any bigger than it has to be.

The tariffs thing is just going to spark a destructive trade war.  What would the justification for a Republican to slap tariffs on China anyway?
The duties of protecting the President would be moved to Defense, which would also face some cuts. But overall, I know downright abolishing these departments is unlikely. But cuts can be made. Just visiting the Agriculture departments cafeteria in DC last May made me seethe with anger over the bloatedness of the Federal government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies