Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 11:30:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Infraction points
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Infraction points  (Read 1243 times)
Adele is pudgy!
necrophiliac
View Profile
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:13:36 am »
Ignore

What are infraction points? Why have I received some, and why so many at one single blow?

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:39:12 am »
Ignore

It's a punishment for a post which is perceived to break the rules of the forum. The worse it is (or the stricter the mod), the more infraction points you get. Once you hit 50, all your posts have to be reviewed by moderators before they show up on the forum.

I WANT MY PROFILE BACK!!!
autopoiesis
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 03:12:30 pm »
Ignore

It's a punishment for a post which is perceived to break the rules of the forum. The worse it is (or the stricter the mod), the more infraction points you get. Once you hit 50, all your posts have to be reviewed by moderators before they show up on the forum.

But why did the following comment of mine get deleted?

Quote from: necrophiliac on Today at 04:04:07 am
Does anybody know if Paul's medical condition is in good shape?
It is an important question as he will be older at his inauguration than Ronald Reagan at the handing-over of his office.
Both official duties and campaigning may diminish his expectancy of life noticeably.
Thus the choice of his running mate ought to be carefully considered.

Topic Deleted for Inappropriate with 4 (out of 10) infraction points

And furthermore I got banned due to this comment.

Is it possible that the moderators act according to the random principle?
I have a feeling that I'm not the first one to feel like snubbed...

And I don't dare posting a similar comment though I'm really interested in Paul's medical condition.
I feel like a criminal. Sad
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »
Ignore

No, you got banned because when checking the IP of that post, I realized you were Atheist 2006.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 04:18:42 pm »
Ignore

No, you got banned because when checking the IP of that post, I realized you were Atheist 2006.

LOL

I WANT MY PROFILE BACK!!!
autopoiesis
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 07:01:25 pm »
Ignore

I'm new to this forum.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 09:55:31 pm »
Ignore

I'm new to this forum.

You're new to this forum like Courtney Love is new to drugs.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:58 pm »
Ignore

I'm new to this forum.
I've reported this for outright lies.

You yourself said
"I WANT MY PROFILE BACK"
and
"following comment of mine get deleted?

Quote from: necrophiliac"
Then you claim to be new?

I wont report you for trolling because I presuming everyone else is (and if you guys are not, shame on you) but if I can help get you back on the ban list with this technicality, I will most certainly take this opportunity.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 02:34:31 am »
Ignore

Teddy, I know you're just trying to help, but if the mods are in the process of potentially banning  someone, you really don't have to report him for saying he lied about being a fresh account... we've got it covered, and it clutters up an already over-cluttered mod board.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 02:49:41 am »
Ignore

There is/was nothing indicating that the process had begun.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:55 am »
Ignore

There is/was nothing indicating that the process had begun.

2 posts above the one  you reported a mod called him out for being a sock of a banned poster...
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:47 am »
Ignore

That post is past tense.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 06:11:41 am »
Ignore

That post is past tense.

If he got BANNED before for being a sock, you can be pretty sure that we're still planning on rebanning him when he comes back a second time.  You don't need to report him for "lying" - we're all aware he created a new account to contest the ban.  Seriously... you're crossing the line from trying to help into trolling territory now.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »
Ignore

I'm trolling for reporting posts when you told us to report posts? Your original message here could have been sent as a PM, or, not sent at all. If my report was invalid, or, trolling, then give me an infraction. If however you just want the last word, feel free, I will no longer post in this thread.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 08:46:50 pm »
Ignore

Teddy, I think moderators can very well handle socks. You don't need to report posts of someone who may be a sock, you should PM moderators instead.

Just my two cents.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 01:50:50 am »
Ignore

I'm trolling for reporting posts when you told us to report posts? Your original message here could have been sent as a PM, or, not sent at all. If my report was invalid, or, trolling, then give me an infraction. If however you just want the last word, feel free, I will no longer post in this thread.

A few things to this:

1. I want everyone to report posts WHEN THEY WARRANT a report.
2. Since you said it publicly that you reported it, I addressed it publicly and to give notice to everyone.
3. We can't infract or even report reports of posts.
4. I don't want the last word, simply to show the forum what the mods want.
5. Going on what Kalwejt said, we know who are socks, especially when it's a sock from someone we just banned.  If you want us to know that someone's a sock and you have reason to believe we aren't aware of the situation, BY ALL MEANS report said sock's posts, but it was made clear that we knew who the individual was.  You said you wanted to get him banned on a technicality - we don't ban people on technicalities.  If we had made a mistake originally and banned the wrong guy, we wouldn't reban him on a small technicality like this.  I want you to report posts that deserve being reported, but I think it was VERY clear that the mods (at least Bacon King) knew that he was a returned sock, and therefore, filing a report for lying was excessive and unnecessary.  Do you honestly not understand this?  I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but you're either trolling or just being very naive.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »
Ignore

Seriously. I went through a VERY unpleasant period of being publically labled a sock when I transitioned from longtime lurker, and it turned me off so much I nearly quit just as soon as I started (not that there aren't a few twits who would've preferred that in retrospect Tongue). The Stalinesque public denunciations of anyone suspected--mistakenly or otherwise--creates a very nasty and unwelcoming environment that is not conducive to the Forum's long term growth.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 03:08:07 pm »
Ignore

Seriously. I went through a VERY unpleasant period of being publically labled a sock when I transitioned from longtime lurker, and it turned me off so much I nearly quit just as soon as I started (not that there aren't a few twits who would've preferred that in retrospect Tongue). The Stalinesque public denunciations of anyone suspected--mistakenly or otherwise--creates a very nasty and unwelcoming environment that is not conducive to the Forum's long term growth.

I liked it better when the unwashed masses of this site didn't know what a sockpuppet was.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 03:18:43 pm »
Ignore

Which shows the damage to forum culture a certain individual from Bakersfield, CA has done.

Famous True Leftists:

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »
Ignore

And referring to "a certain individual from Bakersfield, CA" is part of the problem.

Honestly, though, it's far more the Kalwejts of the world who cause the problem than anyone else.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 06:08:33 pm »
Ignore

I decided to post here given that he's back again under a new account.

you're either trolling or just being very naive.

Maybe you did not see this
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=145795.0
Let me pull up the relevant section.
This leads back to the fact that my brain does not work the same way yours does. This is no small thing. This is what's gotten me banned from websites before. Someone will attack me - or at least I will see it as an attack - and I will respond. The problem is nobody else saw what they said as an attack, so I've become the bad guy. Worse, when I ask what I've done wrong, some people will presume I'm trolling, as clearly I must know what I've done wrong. The reality is I do not. My brain does not work the same way yours does. Some people are willing to accept this and help me, while others just hit the ban button. This is why I've literally been "Banned for being Autistic" from a few websites before. People found it easier to just assume I am a real problem, than to assume I have a real problem.

which leads me to
1. I want everyone to report posts WHEN THEY WARRANT a report.
I did, and still do think that the post I reported warranted a report, and you've not convinced me otherwise. We've had users (and yes I'm bringing it up again) that were permabanned for lying.

Do you honestly not understand this?
No.
I truly honestly do not see what I've done wrong. I accept you can think I was excessive, and I accept that you could punish me for being excessive, but I do not feel I was excessive.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 07:18:03 pm »
Ignore

I also truly don't understand that when I make a post in an existing thread I get attacked, and when someone creates a new thread, they get a non-rude

He (Atheist2006's latest) was muted hours ago.  Banning will come when Nym returns.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »
Ignore

Obviously, there were (and certainly still are) some posters that came to Atlas just because of the forum's gossip. An idea of making FC and OT boards viable to registered members only is a good one.

Which shows the damage to forum culture a certain individual from Bakersfield, CA has done.

From what Badger just said (as he registered considerably earlier before Hamilton), suspicions toward newbies was always present here (although, personally, I never experienced this in my early days).

And yes, because I was a part of post-Hamilton hysteria, I have to acknowledge my share of responsibility.

Luckily, Hamilton is long gone, as is "Kyle M." meme.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 03:32:57 am »
Ignore

Teddy, it was clear we were monitoring the thread.  Stop blaming ALL of your problems on autism.

We have not had userS banned for lying.  We had one user, and that case was EXTREMELY different from any other case, and trying to use that case as an argument fails miserably as it doesn't come remotely close to comparing to any other situation we've had on the site.

And as to your last comment, nobody's attacking you for posting here - if you want to point out socks in threads, go ahead, but don't report posts unnecessarily... that clogs up the moderating system.

Ultimately you have to decide what warrants a report, but I would encourage you to next time perhaps think twice about if a situation like this truly warrants a report.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 03:34:28 am »
Ignore

I will. And I saw your comment in the other thread, which answered a question I asked above.

I will take the information here and add it to the information I use when I judge if a post is reportworthy.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout