In an Election darkly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  In an Election darkly
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In an Election darkly  (Read 491 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2012, 06:09:26 PM by ModernBourbon Democrat »

This is CNN, reporting the latest polling results from the Des Moines Register!

Cooper: The rumors of the Paul surge have proven true; he's leading the latest DMR poll by fairly wide margins, with Romney's collapsing campaign in third and Santorum's previous surge dying down to second.
(On screen):
 : 28%
: 20%

: 16%

Cooper: The other candidates have all been losing ground since Paul's surge, which was shown by a recent poll with him at 18%. Rick Santorum had this to say,

: Frankly, our campaign has been going quite well, and I believe more then ever that Iowans support my message of personal freedom. My opponents all support the status quo; they're just shuffling support from one to the other. But my support stays, because it knows that America needs real change, not more big government spending and wars.

Cooper: Paul, meanwhile, released a short statement,

: I think this shows that Republicans support a proper policy of morality and values. They've rejected Mitt Romney's unabashed moderate views, they've rejected Michelle Bachmann's absurd views in favour of gay marriage, and they've rejected Rick Santorum's insane isolationist foreign policy. America has to be strong to face its threats both at home and abroad, and I believe I'm the president who could do it.

... To be continued
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »

Are you making Santorum the libertarian candidate and Paul the more neo-Conservative candidate?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies