Interesting chart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:26:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Interesting chart
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting chart  (Read 1399 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:10:53 AM »

http://www.sentierresearch.com/Charts/HouseholdIncomeIndex_UnemploymentRate_11_2011.jpg
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:06:26 AM »

This is capitalism, Carl Hayden.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:21:33 AM »

No, its Obama and his allies diverting the economy to benefit their cronies.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35:16 AM »

Nothing has changed policy-wise since the last president, CH.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »

Nothing has changed policy-wise since the last president, CH.

Wrong again.

Bush II was a mediocre President, which makes him seem acceptable compared to the scum currently 'occupying' the White House.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 02:11:12 PM »

It's interesting, but not in the way you think it is CARL.  It shows that it in both of the last two recessions, unemployment continued to rise slightly after the official end of the recession, returning to the level it held at the end of the recession after about 18 months.  It also shows that the trendline in household income was downward for some years after both recessions.  Of course, two recessions is far too small a sample size to draw conclusions from, but if forced to make one, I would conclude that the recession Obama inherited from Bush was worse than the one Bush inherited from Clinton, which ain't much of a conclusion.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 04:00:29 AM »

It's interesting, but not in the way you think it is CARL.  It shows that it in both of the last two recessions, unemployment continued to rise slightly after the official end of the recession, returning to the level it held at the end of the recession after about 18 months.  It also shows that the trendline in household income was downward for some years after both recessions.  Of course, two recessions is far too small a sample size to draw conclusions from, but if forced to make one, I would conclude that the recession Obama inherited from Bush was worse than the one Bush inherited from Clinton, which ain't much of a conclusion.

Thanks for disagreeing with me.

Yes, I think, YOU reflexively disagree with whatever I post.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:01 AM »

Well, what's your conclusion from this? Try to use actual political, economic, or sociological terminology, if you can.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2012, 05:22:10 AM by Nathan »

Well, what's your conclusion from this? Try to use actual political, economic, or sociological terminology, if you can.

I'll try to dumb this down for you.

Ernest is a thoughtless type who automatically disagrees with whatever I post.

I don't need it dumbed down, and I was referring to your conclusion from the data, not from your bizarre personal antipathy for another poster. There are any number of people who disagree with everything or almost everything that you, or I, or anybody here posts. I should have thought you'd have realized that by now, but wonders never cease.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 05:04:05 AM »

I don't need it dumbed down, and I was referring to your conclusion from the data, not from your bizarre personal antipathy for another poster. There are any number of people who disagree with everything or almost everything that you, or me, or anybody here posts. I should have thought you'd have realized that by now, but wonders never cease.
\
Sorry Nathan, but, its Ernest who has the problem of bizarre personal antipathy to me.

The thing is that he doesn't think, he is merely spiteful.

If you have carefully researched the matter, one would hope that you would not be so surprised.

Finally, the expression if 'you or I,' not 'you or me.' 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »

I don't need it dumbed down, and I was referring to your conclusion from the data, not from your bizarre personal antipathy for another poster. There are any number of people who disagree with everything or almost everything that you, or me, or anybody here posts. I should have thought you'd have realized that by now, but wonders never cease.
\
Sorry Nathan, but, its Ernest who has the problem of bizarre personal antipathy to me.

The thing is that he doesn't think, he is merely spiteful.

If you have carefully researched the matter, one would hope that you would not be so surprised.

Finally, the expression if 'you or I,' not 'you or me.' 

I have not carefully researched the matter of your levels of intelligence and ability to comprehend what is going on around you, no. If somebody was to ask me 'What do you think of CARLHAYDEN's intelligence and understanding of the world?', I would answer, with all honesty, 'I don't'. The fact that you want the matter carefully researched would probably demonstrate some problems with your attitude under normal circumstances, but in this case it is as a drop of oil in the ocean, so we can't really extrapolate much of value from it.

Finally, the words are 'it's' and 'is', not 'its' and 'if'.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »

Nathan

First, thank you for noting my typo.

Second, its too bad you appear to have been unable to comprehend the rest of my post.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »

Nathan

Second, its too bad you appear to have been unable to comprehend the rest of my post.

You're welcome (by the way, you forgot to insert an apostrophe again). Thank you for noting my misused pronoun.

I comprehended the rest of your post, unless--as is possible, I will admit--you were operating under Hemingway's 'iceberg theory' and there is in fact a seething mass of unstated content that is not apparent on the surface. I shall have to think about this possibility more.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »

Nathan

You're welcome (by the way, you forgot to insert an apostrophe again). Thank you for noting my misused pronoun.

I comprehended the rest of your post, unless--as is possible, I will admit--you were operating under Hemingway's 'iceberg theory' and there is in fact a seething mass of unstated content that is not apparent on the surface. I shall have to think about this possibility more.

No, you seem to completely misunderstand the post to which I refer.

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »

Nathan

No, you seem to completely misunderstand the post to which I refer.

I have understood every post in this thread so far, on a very deep, Jungian sort of psychological level. It has not been pretty.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »

I suppose that's why when you posted the following over in the Constitution and Law board I reflexively came to Obama's defense:

Recently President Obama made some appointments to the NLRB which he called "recess" appointments.

The Senate has been in session, i.e. not on recess.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-05/obama-chooses-politics-over-principle-in-naming-consumer-bureau-head-view.html

[...]

Apparently the Obamamessiah has decided that whenever the Senate refuses to confirm he choices, that makes them (the Senate) in recess, even if the Senate maintains to the contrary.

Except I didn't:

While the legality of these pro forma sessions is disputed, it won't take long to be settled.

Net result is likely to be similar to what happened in Clinton v. City of New York concerning the Line Item Veto Act of 1996.   As soon as Corday or the NRLB makes a ruling that adversely affects someone, they'll sue, they'll win, and the whatever they did under these appointments will be thrown out.  While the pro forma sessions are political evasion of the crassest sort, they are well within the Article I Section 5 Clause 2 power of each house to determine the rules of its proceedings.

We both agree that Obama is in constitutional error here and his faux recess appointments deserve to thrown out.

While we often disagree CARL, it is not because I always take the opposite position from yours. I don't decide anything based on what position you have taken.  While you act like someone who needs to have an enemy to hate, I don't have that particular quirk.  I don't hate you.  To the degree I feel any emotion towards you, it is pity.
Wonkish1

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 01:33:04 PM »

I certainly hope this isn't the first time you've discovered that unemployment and income are trailing indicators. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But this has been known for decades.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies