Canada General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:10:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 98
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion  (Read 255572 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »

Quick question for Ontarians: what's going on with the wild poll variations? Cause some polls have a Lib-PC dead heat and others a PC-NDP dead heat with the Liberals a distant third.

Isn't Nanos the only pollster to show the Liberals polling decently? The latest Forum shows the PCs at 37, the NDP at 35 and the Liberals at 20. Incidentally, if that result ever came to be, I'd probably commit suicide. Hudak is a disgusting scumbag who would be a total and utter disaster for the province (possibly worse than Mike Harris) and who would totally destroy whatever good is left in Ontario. Horwath is a horrible person who would be a crappy Premier; if the ONDP was led by some Mulcair-type, I really wouldn't care and would probably be voting NDP, but Horwath is so horrible. Ugh.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

Early '90s all over again? Truth be told I have no confidence in the PCs to win an election after self-nuking in 2 consecutive open-goal elections. Agreed on Horwath being a horrible premier if she won. Theoretically everyone should lose but in practice someone will win.

Anyone have any idea what the seat projection would look like? Or better put, who has better vote distribution: Team Blue or Team Orange?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »

PLQ leadership update: Moreau's in tomorrow, Couillard either Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2012/09/25/002-couillard-course-plq.shtml

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2012/09/30/002-pierre-moreau-candidat-plq.shtml
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »

According to Eric Grenier's projections (can't post links yet), Forum's poll would give the liberals three seats. Wow.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »

Don't post 308 links, Hatman will blow a fuse. Tongue
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

Don't post 308 links, Hatman will blow a fuse. Tongue
I know 308 isn't great, but his tracking poll reports are just uniform swing with regional-level data, which is just about all anybody can do right now.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »

Couillard lays out his manifesto, will announce Wednesday.

http://journalmetro.com/actualites/national/164832/couillard-veut-rouvrir-le-debat-identitaire/

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »

Both Raylene Rankin and Barbara Ann Scott have passed away today. RIP.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #758 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 10:16:05 AM by Romney/Ryan 2012! »

Rob Anders reminds once again just how RL trollish he is. Dunno why the PM keeps protecting this guy from a nomination challenge.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/10/01/lunch-with-anders-speaks-from-conviction-and-going-nowhere/

Another game of chicken here in Ontario. Someone will blink.

http://warrenkinsella.com/2012/10/ontario-election-coming-soon/#comments

Horwath also sounding more equivocal, per Twitter.

Per Twitter, rancher Judith Guichon is BC's new LG.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #759 on: October 02, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »

Ew, Beav, tell me you don't read Warren Kinsella's crappy blog. I mean, just look at his most recent post. He wrote a Trudeau speech, and it begins with him likening himself to Abraham Lincoln.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #760 on: October 07, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »

What's the likelihood of Conservatives holding on to their majority in Parliament after the elections in 2015 or so? I have my thoughts (especially when you consider the economic recovery from this recent recession will likely be in full throttle by then), but what are yours? 
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #761 on: October 07, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

What's the likelihood of Conservatives holding on to their majority in Parliament after the elections in 2015 or so? I have my thoughts (especially when you consider the economic recovery from this recent recession will likely be in full throttle by then), but what are yours? 

Voter fatigue normally hits in majorly around the 7-8th year
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #762 on: October 07, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »

Anything could happen in the campaign- Orange Crush happened in the final 2 weeks. Right now I'm fairly optimistic.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #763 on: October 07, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »

If the economy's in good shape and the anti-Harper vote splits favourably, the Tories would keep their majority. That said Conservative minority seems most likely at this point.
Foucaulf
« Reply #764 on: October 07, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »

A few stories from BC I'm following:

- An article from Vancouver's Georgia Straight from a week ago accused John Furlong, the Vancouver Olympics CEO, of abusing native students on his first visit to Canada. Furlong responds with a lawsuit while other publications scramble to fill in the story.

- Unrest over John Cummins's leadership in the BC Conservatives boils over. Cummins orders all party dissenters to resign their membership, while oddly giving any takers a full refuns.  It's not a substantial story, but it's a chance to poke fun at the Conservatives; at this rate they don't look like the people who can build the coalition which takes down the NDP.

-Elaborating on that BC Lieutenant-Governor announcement: Guichon is a highly-ranked lobbyist for the ranchers and donated to the Liberal party.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

Ontario PM, Dalton McGuinty resigns.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #766 on: October 16, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »

In today's episode of Conservative Party Fiscal Responsibility!, we'll talk about James Moore spending $25 million on renaming the Canadian Museum of Civilizations to the History Museum.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #767 on: October 16, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »

Yeah, I'll freely admit to being disappointed with Harper's record on deficits. As for McGuinty, no surprise except possibly timing.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »

In today's episode of Conservative Party Fiscal Responsibility!, we'll talk about James Moore spending $25 million on renaming the Canadian Museum of Civilizations to the History Museum.
For some reason, I thought it was the Nature museum they were renaming. This makes much more sense, but is unnecessary and still doesn't make *that* much sense, as the museum isn't all about history.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »

At least, people will stop confusing "Musée des Civilisations" (in Ottawa, federal) and "Musée de la Civilisation" (in Quebec City, provincial).
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #770 on: October 17, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

Quick question for Ontarians: what's going on with the wild poll variations? Cause some polls have a Lib-PC dead heat and others a PC-NDP dead heat with the Liberals a distant third.

Isn't Nanos the only pollster to show the Liberals polling decently? The latest Forum shows the PCs at 37, the NDP at 35 and the Liberals at 20. Incidentally, if that result ever came to be, I'd probably commit suicide. Hudak is a disgusting scumbag who would be a total and utter disaster for the province (possibly worse than Mike Harris) and who would totally destroy whatever good is left in Ontario. Horwath is a horrible person who would be a crappy Premier; if the ONDP was led by some Mulcair-type, I really wouldn't care and would probably be voting NDP, but Horwath is so horrible. Ugh.
What's so awful about Horwath?  Even for a Liberal voter?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #771 on: October 17, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »

What's so awful about Horwath?  Even for a Liberal voter?

Dont mind him, he can be a Liberal hack sometimes.

Horwath is extremely popular in Ontario, certainly compared to her rivals. It's one of the reasons why we are now ahead in the polls in the province.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »

Can't speak for Hash, I'll just say she's a decent person whom I fundamentally disagree with politically.

Hatman: Last I heard 'twas a dead Blue-Orange heat.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #773 on: October 18, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »

I think the only reason that the Liberals did so "good" in the previous election was Hudak, and because McGuinty is no novice, and was able to siphon quite a bit of NDP-leaning voters to give him his minority. But he's even more tainted now, and on his way out, so Ontario is aligning itself with the rest of the country and becoming orange versus blue (although, since Dexter sucks so much, Nova Scotia is orange versus red at the moment). Just interesting that it took this long. The final holdouts seem to be New Brunswick and PEI.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #774 on: October 18, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »

I think the only reason that the Liberals did so "good" in the previous election was Hudak, and because McGuinty is no novice, and was able to siphon quite a bit of NDP-leaning voters to give him his minority. But he's even more tainted now, and on his way out, so Ontario is aligning itself with the rest of the country and becoming orange versus blue (although, since Dexter sucks so much, Nova Scotia is orange versus red at the moment). Just interesting that it took this long. The final holdouts seem to be New Brunswick and PEI.

With the very notable exception of Quebec.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies