Santorum cant buy any ads in NH or SC. Mittbot and his PACs bought all airtime
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum cant buy any ads in NH or SC. Mittbot and his PACs bought all airtime
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum cant buy any ads in NH or SC. Mittbot and his PACs bought all airtime  (Read 1072 times)
BlondewithaBrain
Rookie
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2012, 05:24:52 PM by BlondewithaBrain »

Welcome to american politics.

According to chirs matthews hardball analysts saying that santorum cant buy any ads in sc or nh as mittbot has bought them all alongisde his pacs hen e santroum is putting himself out there doing town hall meetings and getting burnt by tough unvented people.

Newt is tearing mittbot up on msnbc. hes seriously pissed off with Mittbot.

love the statement
i cant imagine the tea party in tampa when its 105 are they really going to be cheering mitt romney?Huh?? and the answer is no becuase he wont be the nominee and if he is the tea party will find a candidate to represent them
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »

Mitt Romney's campaign is disgusting. He really represents the worst of American politics.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »

Santorum did make a 1000 point ad buy in SC. But yes, all the NH airtime is bought up.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »

According to chirs matthews hardball analysts saying that santorum cant buy any ads in sc or nh as mittbot has bought them all alongisde his pacs hen e santroum is putting himself out there doing town hall meetings and getting burnt by tough unvented people.

What? Ms. Blondewithabrain, you're proving yourself false. Are you trying to say Romney has bought every ad slot between now and the primary? Mind you, Huntsman just bought an ad himself.

Or are there limits on political ad time I'm unaware of?
BlondewithaBrain
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »

What? Ms. Blondewithabrain, you're proving yourself false. Are you trying to say Romney has bought every ad slot between now and the primary? Mind you, Huntsman just bought an ad himself.

Or are there limits on political ad time I'm unaware of?

chris matthews hardball...re-run at 7pm theres the source.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

Boo.

Why does Romney hate democracy?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2012, 08:35:41 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

This is contrary to what CBS said. According to them, Perry had reserved air time as well. They said that Santorum could hope to gain some of that if Rick dropped out (This was on the now defunct Early Show on January 4th). I assume that between Romney, Paul, Perry, Gingrich and Hunstman, it is likely that very little would remain for Santorum. Romney would of course have bought the most, because he has the most money. But I doubt that he has purchased "ALL" of it.

Your post seems to being trying to blame Santorum's townhall woes on Romney's purchases of airtime. Last I checked, all the candidates did townhalls regardless of how much advertising they could buy. This anti-Romney hackery is getting excessive.

Newt is doing exactly what I expected he would do. He is showing just how much he is still the guy who once said, "I shut down the gov't because ole wild Bill put me at the back of the plane to Israel".
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »

$$$$$ is free speech. Why do you hate freedom?
GLPman
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:54 PM »

I, too, have heard the exact opposite -- it seems Huntsman and Gingrich are purchasing ads. Any remarks Chris Matthews makes about Romney should probably be taken with a grain of salt, just like any of Hannity's or O'Riley's comments about Obama. It's a shame, but it's the way the American media works.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »

While I have a hard time believing this is true, there are other ways Santorum can reach voters.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »

I would believe that Santorum is having a hard time buying prime commercial space -- he's really late to the game, after all. I cannot believe that Santorum is unable to buy any commercial time. It just doesn't pass the smell test.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »

Any remarks Chris Matthews makes about Romney should probably be taken with a grain of salt, just like any of Hannity's or O'Riley's comments about Obama.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

As a Romney supporter, even I would take great exception to the Romney campaign or groups supporting him buying up all the airtime.

I believe the voters should be able to hear from all serious candidates over the airwaves.

And it simply makes no sense that all this airtime would be taken up by one candidate.  That sounds like nonsense to me.

But it is a fact of American politics that those who have more money to spend will do more advertising over the airwaves.

Why do you think that Obama and the Democrats are expected to spend one billion dollars in the 2012 campaign?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »

As a Romney supporter, even I would take great exception to the Romney campaign or groups supporting him buying up all the airtime.

I believe the voters should be able to hear from all serious candidates over the airwaves.

And it simply makes no sense that all this airtime would be taken up by one candidate.  That sounds like nonsense to me.

You know Romney's done something wrong when even Winfield agrees that it's bad Smiley
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »

All of this senseless Romney bashing makes me like him better. I would never consider anyone other than him or huntsman. Extremism has destroyed this country. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »

Cool.

I love the misleading title...Roll Eyes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 01:32:01 AM »

How much of a factor is that Citizen United ruling here?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies