Russian Pres Election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:04:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russian Pres Election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russian Pres Election 2012  (Read 10590 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: January 23, 2012, 03:31:22 AM »

And the winner will be Putin (though i don't support him as well)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2012, 07:57:31 AM by smoltchanov »

"Bad" signatures. By some accounts - the problems were in the "lists" itself, which were not printed before signature gathering, but simply xeroxed form first printed copy. This led to very high percentage of disqualified signatures, and that, in turn, to Yavlinsky's disqualification...I can't explain very high  percentage (above 20%) of disqualified signatures otherwise.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:10:03 AM »

I can't explain very high  percentage (above 20%) of disqualified signatures otherwise.
"He collected 19% over what he needed, so we had to disqualify 20% even though it looks ridiculous. Heck, quite a few of them are genuinely invalid"?

Nobody knows for sure. And, probably, nobody will...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:46:44 AM »

Rather boring. The only question for me was - who will be third (luckily it was Prokhorov) and what exact percentage Putin will get.(up to 60% - almost absolutely fair election, 60-65% - strong government pressure, but without open mass scale rigging, more then 65% - big falsifications). That's all. Besides that everything was VERY predictable...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:09:30 AM »

Of course what makes these elections a joke isn't just the fact that there's clearly been widespread poll rigging.

Probably - not in Moscow (where i reside) or St. Petersburgh - results are plausibly there too. But in autonomous regions (especially North Caucasus) and remote areas - of course...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:01:08 AM »

I have a Russian-born friend who's an active libertarian. His Facebook status the other day was that "this is the first and hopefully the last time I vote for a Communist"

And this is a guy who is seriously anti-communist.

I know a lot of such people. The logic was "i will vote for a candidate, not named "Putin", who is most likely to get most votes". Though personally Zyuganov is no more then old hardline party hack. I was'n convinced by this "logic" and voted Prokhorov
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies