Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 11:59:02 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Kerrey leaves the Village to run for former seat: A 2012 Nebraska Odyssey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Kerrey leaves the Village to run for former seat: A 2012 Nebraska Odyssey  (Read 2940 times)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: 4.35

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »
Ignore

Politico says the left his hating on Kerrey.

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:19 pm »
Ignore

Better a DINO that a Republican. Some liberal Elizabeth Warren type isn't gonna win in Nebraska.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 09:22:37 pm »
Ignore

Better a DINO that a Republican. Some liberal Elizabeth Warren type isn't gonna win in Nebraska.

Kerrey isn't even a DINO, especially compared to his successor. Comparing him to Lieberman as the Politico article does is a huge stretch. I would like to see Kerrey return to the Senate.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:46 pm »
Ignore

Kerrey is undoubtedly to the left of Nelson.

greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »
Ignore

ďBefore leaving Nebraska, Bob Kerrey voted to deregulate Wall Street, voted for NAFTA, and voted for the Iraq war. Since leaving Nebraska, heís supported cutting Social Security benefits, raising the retirement age, and lowering corporate tax rates. Kerrey will clearly not be a priority for those looking to support populist candidates in 2012 ó and Chuck Hassebrook will likely get a lot of attention,Ē said PCCC co-founder Adam Green.

The "moderate" and "centrist" candidates don't like the polarization because it reveals their neoliberal core.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:16 am »
Ignore

The level of support for this war criminal here is irritating. Kerrey belongs in the dock and not in the Senate.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:47 am »
Ignore

But But But he's Democrats' only chance!

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:48 pm »
Ignore

The level of support for this war criminal here is irritating. Kerrey belongs in the dock and not in the Senate.

You've made your point. You can quit posting now.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:56 pm »
Ignore

He'd still lose by a decent margin (54-45 or 55-43)

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »
Ignore

Its official---he is running.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 04:14:06 pm »
Ignore

Its official---he is running.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Ex-Sen-Kerrey-to-run-for-his-former-Nebraska-seat-3370993.php

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Former Sen. Bob Kerrey said Wednesday he will seek the Democratic nomination for the Nebraska seat he once held, reversing course just weeks after publicly rejecting a run.

EDIT: This is late, but I hadn't noticed the other thread. These should probably be merged.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:16:57 pm by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »
Ignore

I have nothing against Bob trying to win his seat back, but he should not receive money Democrats need in states where they can actually win.
OC
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 10:48:36 am »
Ignore

Gop gain
Roemerista
MQuinn
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:28 am »
Ignore

If Kerrey is too "moderate," than what the left is aiming for is nothing short of frightful.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:08 pm »
Ignore

That incident was quite a bit different from a My Lai type event in the sense of being targeted deliberate killing of non-combatants. Mind you Kerrey has also expressed regret many times over that and even goes so far to not list the Bronze Star he won for it on his resume. I'd consider him less guilty than the completely unrepentant John McCain.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:09 pm »
Ignore

He's still going to lose in a landslide. The spin the mainstream media is playing on his announcement is hilarious. Democrats still aren't holding on to this seat, and are still at a disadvantage at holding the Senate.
I Support The Unrestrained Warmonger
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »
Ignore

He's still going to lose in a landslide. The spin the mainstream media is playing on his announcement is hilarious. Democrats still aren't holding on to this seat, and are still at a disadvantage at holding the Senate.

I agree! MSNBC has been raising this guy on a pedestal giving Democrats the false assumption that we might actually win this seat. Sorry, folks: it's Nebraska. GOP will gain this seat.

I wonder why Scott Kleeb didn't try running again?

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »
Ignore

The hype re: this race is absolutely asinine. 

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
RodPresident
YaBB God
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »
Ignore

Although Kerrey is probably going to be defeated in this election, he can help to boost turnout for Democrats in Nebraska, like organizing party to fight for governorship and downballot contests. Obama can win one electoral vote because this. Kleeb will give strong support to Kerrey, because he won't win, but open door of gubernatorial mansion to Democrats in 2014.

10 years without Brizola
rbt48
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 10:27:52 pm »
Ignore

Although Kerrey is probably going to be defeated in this election, he can help to boost turnout for Democrats in Nebraska, like organizing party to fight for governorship and downballot contests. Obama can win one electoral vote because this. Kleeb will give strong support to Kerrey, because he won't win, but open door of gubernatorial mansion to Democrats in 2014.
Well, the realities are these:
- There is no governorship race in Nebraska this year, nor any other state official races, though you seem to be referring to this Kerrey race helping a prospective Kleeb run for the governorship in 2014.  Interesting line of thought; I just don't see the connection.
- There are the three Congressional District races.  CDs 1 and 3 are safe R.  CD 2 (Omaha) seems pretty safe for Lee Terry again.  
- As for CD 2 in the Presidential race, Obama squeaked through in 2008.  The redistricting this year made it a more Republican district, and Obama is likely to do worse in Nebraska than in 2008.  
- I suppose one can argue that with Kerrey on the ballot, Obama will be better off than with a Democrat who would lose the Senate race 2 to 1, but I doubt the Kerrey campaign will even mention Obama.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:29:56 pm by rbt48 »Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout