Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:10:42 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  AH.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: AH.com  (Read 3662 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:52:42 pm »
Ignore

Who on here posts there?

One distinctive thing about it is the admin (username: Ian the Admin). Pretty much the only thing he does is tell posters that they have received a banning (permanent or otherwise), while often insulting them in the process.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »
Ignore

AH.com, all day every day.  Literally.

What's funny is how much more lenient this board is.  Half the people here would be banned in a flash on AH.com.

Free Bradley Manning
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:07:46 pm »
Ignore

I used to post religiously, until I actually read Ian's post history. That man deserves to be in jail.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »
Ignore

I don't know why everyone seems to hate it. Anyway, yeah I'm there, got two timelines going on there.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
Ignore

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.

ozona and sonora
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 6.61

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:05 pm »
Ignore

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:33 pm »
Ignore

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...

Well, I agree that the site membership is mosty annoying teenagers, hence me more or less entirely avoiding the "Chat" sections.

Just to clarify, it's my characterisation of AH.com as "not bad" you're disagreeing with?

ozona and sonora
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 6.61

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:14 pm »
Ignore

Well, I agree that the site membership is mosty annoying teenagers, hence me more or less entirely avoiding the "Chat" sections.

Just to clarify, it's my characterisation of AH.com as "not bad" you're disagreeing with?

Yes. It's not like the chat cancer hasn't spread to the rest of the site by this point.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 10:14:04 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, jmfcst, Sam, Phil, BRTD, opebo and maybe even Al and Joe would have been banned pretty quickly over there.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:16:37 pm »
Ignore

It's actually been a lot nicer since those "alpha" tards got banned.  All they used to do was troll around and make fun of anyone who wasn't like them.

I used to post religiously, until I actually read Ian's post history. That man deserves to be in jail.

What?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:21:11 pm by Twilight Sparkle »Logged

Free Bradley Manning
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »
Ignore

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307195
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 10:18:53 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, jmfcst, Sam, Phil, BRTD, opebo and maybe even Al and Joe would have been banned pretty quickly over there.

jmfcst, Sam, BRTD, and opebo would be banned quickly.  Al seems like he'd take a little longer.  Not sure if Joe or Phil would be banned.

Free Bradley Manning
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »
Ignore

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307811

Remember two things.
The Admin is the chief, the leader, and leaders need to, and always do, act at their best behaviour in front of their flock.

Secondly, people never say in public the worst of what they think about and imagine.

If this guy is willing to say these things, with his title, then he must be truly evil.

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:06 pm »
Ignore

"Sorry-no match."

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:57 pm »
Ignore

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307811

Remember two things.
The Admin is the chief, the leader, and leaders need to, and always do, act at their best behaviour in front of their flock.

Secondly, people never say in public the worst of what they think about and imagine.

If this guy is willing to say these things, with his title, then he must be truly evil.

Are you talking about the abortion thing?  Because your link doesn't link anywhere.

Free Bradley Manning
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:49 pm »
Ignore

I post there from to time, but by and large I largely lurk around reading timelines. 

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »
Ignore

I don't have an account, but I read the timelines there occasionally. A lot of them are basically bad fan-fiction, but there are occasionally really good ones, like one about Walt Disney becoming president in the 1950s and there was also a Jerry Brown elected president in 1976(?) timeline that was solid.

At the very least, this turn of events seems to validate my prediction that Americans are ready and willing to fully embrace fascism.
I dreamed about Lief spanking Rand Paul.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 11:35:13 pm »
Ignore

It has to be said, the quality of the timeline's, the short stories, etc, on AH.com is amazing. Once I found the site sometime in 2009, I thought I stumbled into heaven - well, when compared to that of the What-If board here, almost anything is better. I probably shouldn't have made by screen-name, Rocky Raccoon, though.

. . .like one about Walt Disney becoming president in the 1950s and there was also a Jerry Brown elected president in 1976(?) timeline that was solid.

Agreed, comrade. The 'Era of Limits' timeline was fantastic. Oakvale did a fine job.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:37:59 pm by Robespierre's Jaw »Logged

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:26 pm »
Ignore

Example of things that get you banned.
all the wars were justified

To any who believe that you cant go to war with anyone unless they are a threat well all societies that are not yours are threats.

The reason for this is simply they are not your culture so hence a threat.

The only way to make sure your culture and people surive is to conquer everything and impose your culture upon everyone else.

And guess what if you win you dont have to justify because you won. Only if you lose would you have to justify starting a war.

Invading russia and the rest of europe was not a crime for hitler. even his methods of conquest and rule are not crimes if he had of won. Since he lost we condemn his methods and what he did. Remember victors right the history books and the victorious cultures right the morals and ethics as well.
Reading this has made me think that having Powell as PM would be the greatest thing ever to happen to Britain. I hope you update soon as this is great.
The south easily could have won the war. Its shocking they didn't win the war. They had better men, better officers, and a great cause. As for slavery, guaranteed abolished by 1890. With international protest, and the growth of industry, slavery never would have lasted long. Slavery just isn't economically viable; its easier to pay someone a few dollars than feed them, clothe them, and shelter them. Plus, if the south won race relations would be way better. You don't have any postwar hatred towards blacks that you have in our history. And if anyone actually thinks the war was fought over slavery, really? Your really going for the most impossible and illogical reason possible? Read a book. And best of all, Lincoln would be considered one of the worst U.S. Presidents of all time. People would stop praising that racist bastard....

P.S. The South Shall Rise Again!!!!!
And the person who was banned for posting a picture of Andy Bernard from The Office.

I've seen "gangsters", even some of them on video beating people up. I've met people, in person, who have told me they want me to DIE, literally, and that they've killed before. I believed that person. I know politicians who want to ban BEING gay. Here at this forum, the actions of some moderators have given me nightmares of being shot in the back of the head.

But none of those people actually scare me.

This man scares me.
He actually frightens me.

He causes me be become afraid, just from READING his posts.

I am not a catholic because from what I've been told via sermon --- God Loves you and you must accept that and questioning that means that you will likely go to HELL forever and ever.

Likely.

If I ever questioned the admin publicly on this site, I'd be banned. I will likely be banned for this post, over here.

I've threatened to do various things if I was ever moderator, or admin, etc. I would be a hardass. harder than any moderator who's ever existed here. Harder than moderators and admins that have banned me from websites. Harder than anyone.

But I am human, and I accept that I can be, very very rarely, but I can be wrong.

I do not get the impression from this person.

"Ian" is evil. Truly truly evil. He is a bad person. And yet this is his public face. How evil is he in person? This man belongs in jail.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 11:45:16 pm »
Ignore

Permabanned, for saying that Powell would have made a great PM... don't get me wrong, Powell was a racist idiot, but the fact that you can't even SAY that. I know the Internet is private property, but can't even SAY that? Imagine someone telling you that you can't say that on your front lawn and if you say it you GET BANNED FOREVER AND EVER.

Not only does he scare me, he pisses me off. He is the only person, the ONLY person, who I would ever assault if I met in person, and the only person that I'd be happy to go to jail over assaulting.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 11:47:56 pm »
Ignore

wat

Free Bradley Manning
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »
Ignore

Look, I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this "Ian" guy, or about this British Powell dude, bit you're advocating arresting someone for their beliefs. Just the way you're referring to him is kinda freakin' me out. Not sure who's actually freakin' me out, you or "Ian", but this is weird territory.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:29 pm »
Ignore

what the christ

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:26 pm »
Ignore

He would do the same if he could. And I never said he should be arrested, just that he should be in jail.

AH.com is the only website I ever loved but stopped posting on without either throwing a fit or being banned.

Go to the website and click his profile and look at his posts, especially what he bans people for. This goes back for years.

He literally banned someone for saying "I disagree". That is unacceptable. Period. and I'm done with this thread.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 12:15:13 am »
Ignore

what the christ