Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2017, 06:50:35 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Hash)
| | |-+  2012 Elections in Germany
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Print
Author Topic: 2012 Elections in Germany  (Read 102359 times)
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »
Ignore

I would imagine that if Red-Green is a possibility the SPD will choose that over a grand coalition, no? At least for the fact that Steinbruek would get to be chancellor.

Yes, but it's only really realistic if the FDP stays out...which I still seriously doubt.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 12, 2012, 03:19:59 pm »
Ignore

New Bundestag polls:

Emnid 09.12.2012 (Federal)

CDU/CSU 40
SPD 28
Grüne 14
Linke 7

FDP 4
Piraten 3

SPD/Green with no majority. (42-47)

Forsa 12.12.2012 (Federal):

CDU/CSU 38
SPD 27
Grüne 14
Linke 8

FDP 4
Piraten 4

SPD/Green with no majority. (41-46)
DL
YaBB God
Canada
View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 13, 2012, 08:41:38 am »
Ignore

I notice that as the Pirate "wave" recedes, support for the CDU is rising. Are there really that many Pirate/CDU switchers?
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 13, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
Ignore

I notice that as the Pirate "wave" recedes, support for the CDU is rising. Are there really that many Pirate/CDU switchers?

I doubt the two developments have anything to do with each other. I can imagine Pirates supporting basically any other party more than the CDU.
Great Again VI: The Bane of Bannon
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:02 pm »
Ignore

I doubt the two developments have anything to do with each other. I can imagine Pirates supporting basically any other party more than the CDU.

Well, many people supported the Pirates because it was a very popular thing to do at the time (you could say a "fad"). And Angela Merkel is popular too!

Some of the more apolitical swing voters tend to support the party who gets the greatest news coverage. The Pirates certainly attracted many people from that group.

We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 9, 2016

Obama's complaints about Republicans stopping his agenda are BS since he had full control for two years. He can never take responsibility.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 26, 2012
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: December 14, 2012, 11:13:17 am »
Ignore

FGW/ZDF (Federal election), 14.12.2012

CDU/CSU 40
SPD 30
Grüne 13
Linke 7

FDP 4
Piraten 3

SPD/Grüne without a majority (43-47).
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 14, 2012, 12:02:31 pm »
Ignore

40% is excellent in an MMP system, yes?
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 14, 2012, 12:08:05 pm »
Ignore

Not an excellent result, historically at least.

But it'd still be their strongest showing since 1994. And rather impressive for modern times.
⚑ Comrade Corbyn for PM ⚑
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »
Ignore

It's rather less impressive when they're the only receptacle for Rightist votes now the FDP won't make it back into parliament. I'd like to see some seat projections.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:50:24 pm by Leftbehind »Logged

Solitude Without a Window
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 14, 2012, 08:44:07 pm »
Ignore

Sadly, I'm willing to bet that the FDP will eventually make it.

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
⚑ Comrade Corbyn for PM ⚑
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 14, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »
Ignore

You'd think though that any eventual rise would come from the CDU/CSU VI anyway.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:40:28 pm by Leftbehind »Logged

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 15, 2012, 06:37:48 am »
Ignore

Sadly, I'm willing to bet that the FDP will eventually make it.

They'll make it. Tactical votes will save them.
DL
YaBB God
Canada
View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 15, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »
Ignore

What would motivate a CDU voter to cast a "tactical" vote to save the FDP? Its not as if there is the slightest chance that even if the FDP gets into the Bundestag there will anything close to a majority for CDU/FDP (what I like to call "the bumblebee coalition") - anyways you sl;ice it there will be a CDU/SPD "grand coalition" and the only question mark is in what proportion the CDU and SPD each get cabinet portfolios.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 15, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »
Ignore

What would motivate a CDU voter to cast a "tactical" vote to save the FDP? Its not as if there is the slightest chance that even if the FDP gets into the Bundestag there will anything close to a majority for CDU/FDP (what I like to call "the bumblebee coalition") - anyways you sl;ice it there will be a CDU/SPD "grand coalition" and the only question mark is in what proportion the CDU and SPD each get cabinet portfolios.

You're right, but I'm not sure the average politically uninterested voter knows and understands this. I think a lot of voters think of "CDU/FDP" as their desired government and....enough.....will vote tactically. We're only talking about enough to get them from 4 to 5%.

Not to mention that a vote for the FDP also makes an SPD/Green majority virtually impossible. So if you do know something about the current political situation and you want the CDU in government, that could make sense, in order to get a grand coalition rather than the left-wing majority.

DL
YaBB God
Canada
View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 15, 2012, 07:07:43 pm »
Ignore

I suppose that another by-product of the FDP slipping back into parliament is it would make it less likely that a CDU/Green coalition could be formed...if that is your top priority...but realistically just about the only way Germany gets a red/green coalition is it the FDP, the Pirates AND the Linke fail to clear the 5% hurdle!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 15, 2012, 07:15:34 pm »
Ignore

I suppose that another by-product of the FDP slipping back into parliament is it would make it less likely that a CDU/Green coalition could be formed...if that is your top priority...but realistically just about the only way Germany gets a red/green coalition is it the FDP, the Pirates AND the Linke fail to clear the 5% hurdle!

Red/Green is only down by 3-5% even with Linke in. Not a likely scenario, but not impossible.
minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 16, 2012, 06:57:18 am »
Ignore

What would motivate a CDU voter to cast a "tactical" vote to save the FDP? Its not as if there is the slightest chance that even if the FDP gets into the Bundestag there will anything close to a majority for CDU/FDP (what I like to call "the bumblebee coalition")
The correct term is Tigerente.

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 16, 2012, 08:28:11 am »
Ignore

I think it's hilarious that despite the unpopularity of the governing coalition the CDU and FDP combined still manage to attract as much support as the red-green alternative percentage-wise.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:18 am »
Ignore

Well, the left side (SPD, Greens, Linke) still leads the right side (CDU, FDP) pretty clearly.
Only the paria status of Die Linke in German politics and the existence of the "youth populist"/pseudo-libertarian Pirates blurs the picture.

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 16, 2012, 08:48:13 am »
Ignore

Well, the left side (SPD, Greens, Linke) still leads the right side (CDU, FDP) pretty clearly.
Only the paria status of Die Linke in German politics and the existence of the "youth populist"/pseudo-libertarian Pirates blurs the picture.

I would be shocked if the Pirates made it into the Bundestag at this point.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 16, 2012, 11:09:38 am »
Ignore

I think it's hilarious that despite the unpopularity of the governing coalition the CDU and FDP combined still manage to attract as much support as the red-green alternative percentage-wise.

It's all about Merkel.

politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 16, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »
Ignore

I would be shocked if the Pirates made it into the Bundestag at this point.
Me too, but they are still blurring the polls Wink

Swedish Austerity Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
Ignore

Is there any chance Linke-supporters could be convinced to support SDP or the Greens in order to stop a Grand Coalition?

Quote from: Badger
Quote from: Swedish Cheese
London of course. Smiley

Shocked

4 realz SWEDISH Cheese? Huh

He's not from Sweden, he's from Scania.

Iannis
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 17, 2012, 06:25:01 am »
Ignore

Maybe because it's not so unpopular...

minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 17, 2012, 10:14:06 am »
Ignore

Maybe because it's not so unpopular...
No, because the mainstream opposition is unattractive. Smiley

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout