Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 05:26:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  2012 Elections in Germany
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Elections in Germany  (Read 41824 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2012, 01:19:24 pm »
Ignore

Rhein seems to win the 1st round with 39%.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2012, 01:37:32 pm »
Ignore

Who will be in the runoff with him?
Donau?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:57 pm »
Ignore

Who will be in the runoff with him?
Donau?

No, Klaus Main.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »
Ignore

Nein zu Rhein - Rhein rhaus!

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »
Ignore

Rhein (CDU) 39.1
Feldmann (SPD) 33.0
Heilig (Greens) 14.0
Fechter (FAG) 4.0
Wißler (Left) 3.8
Förster (Pirate) 3.8
Schmitt (PARTEI) 1.8
Tatchoup (i) 0.2
Frenzel (i) 0.2
Schulte (i) 0.1
Turnout: Abysmal. (37.5%, which probably means that the number of day voters was virtually unchanged on 2007.)

Not a done deal, but my money's very much on Feldmann for the runoff.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2012, 03:20:57 pm »
Ignore

http://www.wahlen.frankfurt.de/

Some odd patterns here. Along with some known or guessable patterns, of course.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »
Ignore

Despite that could-be-worse result, Heilig didn't win a single precinct.

Fairly strong gap between absentee and day result:

Day Rhein 37.1, Feldmann 34.2
Absentee Rhein 45.9, Feldmann 25.8
These percentages are of votes cast, not valid votes - not going to sum all candidates across all absentee precincts to find out the valid vote total breakdown.
Put another way, absentees were 18.3% of all votes, cast, 21.7% of Rhein's and 14.4% of Feldmann's.
Put yet another way, 61% of Rhein's margin of victory was accrued before polling day.
But I guess that happens when there's only one rightwing candidate.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:57:45 am by We are the 376! »Logged

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:51 am »
Ignore

And the Green infighting now is funny, though all the quoted people's opinions are utterly predictable:

Cunitz, Sorge - pro Rhein
Heilig, Nouripour - anti any endorsement (read: will be voting for Feldmann but can't say that out loud given the coalition. Certainly in Heilig's case.)
Cohn-Bendit - pro Feldmann

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:43 am »
Ignore

There shall be a map... I think by this evening? Maybe?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:57 am »
Ignore

Cohn-Bendit?

Isn't he French?
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:45 am »
Ignore

Cohn-Bendit?

Isn't he French?
Cohn-Bendit is a Frankfurt icon and a Frankfurt Green older statesman / grey eminence / senile old man muttering in the background.
He's also French, of course. Smiley

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
Ignore

The general patterns are what they are and so on. But... um... certain details?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2012, 07:09:10 pm »
Ignore

So, FAG is tha anti-airport party?
And the airport is to the south of city, I suppose?
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:34 pm »
Ignore

Not really. But it's the part of the city that airplanes regularly fly over.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:51 am »
Ignore

The airport is that odd southwest corner.

The personal votes for Feldmann (Bonames, probably some influence on the Frankfurter Berg as well) and Rhein (Nieder-Eschbach, not quite as pronounced) are funny. Petra Roth did always have some such bonus in Nieder-Erlenbach as well, but none of the last SPD candidates did.
Feldmann did much better than the SPD usually does in the Green stronghold areas, of course, but that's to be expected in a persons vote. Though it also happened in the Ypsilanti election of 2008; a lot of the seeming core Green vote is explicitly Red-Green in practice. And indeed, there seems to be a bit of an income pattern to Feldmann's success among Green voters (again, as also in 2008).
Turnout in certain effed areas was atrocious; sometimes even worse than in 2007. This has a turnout-differential effect, most visibly in the Gutleut, where the new yuppie developments in Westhafen outvoted the much larger remainder of the Stadtteil; their turnout was high. Feldmann won the remainder of it.
Fechter took the same kind of share citywide as the FAG took in the 2001 and 2006 council elections, but the pattern was even more pronounced than usual. She took 7 points more than back then in Sachsenhausen S and Niederrad, even less north of the river.
The Schmitt, Förster and Wißler maps are the expected mix of macro-Green/Old PDS and Random/Protest, but what's odd is that while Schmitt's distribution is the most "Green", Förster's, not Wißler's, is the most Protest-party-like (I even ran a correlation calculation on this thing. There's next to no correlation between Heilig and Förster, but both correlate with Wißler and Schmitt. Wißler's map is also a fairly good negative of Rhein's - the strongest negative correlation in there).
Oh, and turnout turnout turnout. High in the suburbs and the Green Bobo areas. Feldmann's map looks like a reasonablish class map, unless you start looking at his share of registered voters rather than vote cast. Then... uh.

Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2012, 05:08:28 am »
Ignore

Seems like we're gonna have early elections in Northrhine-Westphalia as well this year.

So three state elections in Germany then. NRW won't be that exicting though. As it stands now, early elections would transform the incumbent SPD/Green minority government into a SPD/Green majority government.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2012, 05:18:10 am »
Ignore

Seems like we're gonna have early elections in Northrhine-Westphalia as well this year.

So three state elections in Germany then. NRW won't be that exicting though. As it stands now, early elections would transform the incumbent SPD/Green minority government into a SPD/Green majority government.
Wow. FDP and Left both intending to vote for an Early Christmas? How silly can it get?

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19:32 am »
Ignore

Top map is simple over/under average contrast for share of the vote (Westend S and Old Town are right on average for the Greens, actually).
Bottom map is the same... for share of the electorate.

Have a look at the SPD. I don't even know what the hell that is a map of.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2012, 06:32:53 am »
Ignore

Apparently the NRW-FDP folks decided to book a trip to Guyana and drink some kool aid.

2012 is a good year so far.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:30 am »
Ignore

The FDP , Linke , (and CDU to a lesser extent) are insane.
RedPrometheus

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2012, 07:12:51 am »
Ignore

Great day! Especially for NRW!

Latest Poll shows:

SPD: 35%
CDU: 35%
Greens: 17%
FDP: 2%
Left: 3%
Pirates: 5%
Others: 3%

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/landtage/nrw.htm

I heard from an acquaintance from the political scene that the date for the elections is probably the 13th of May.

Political Matrix

E: -7,74
S: -5,22
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2012, 07:13:09 am »
Ignore

I already heard the half-serious joke that the NRW-FDP probably wants to get rid of Philipp Rösler as federal chairman. Cheesy Hence their current suicide mission in the NRW state parliament.
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2012, 08:08:58 am »
Ignore

YouGov poll for NRW, apparently released today (?)

SPD 33%
CDU 33%
Greens 17%
Pirates 7%
Left 5%
FDP 2%

Majority for SPD/Greens
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2012, 09:55:59 am »
Ignore

Pretty tight schedule this year...

March 18: Presidential election (Federal convention)
March 25: Saarland state election
May 6: Schleswig-Holstein state election
May 13: Northrhine-Westphalia state election
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:32 am »
Ignore

Have a look at the SPD. I don't even know what the hell that is a map of.

Stable working class areas, those RedGreen swingers and suburbs full of ex-working class people Who Have Done Well For Themselves?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout