Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 09:03:38 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  2012 Elections in Germany
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Elections in Germany  (Read 41449 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2012, 11:57:44 am »
Ignore

In which precinct of Frankfurt are you living again ?
080 01. 64% Feldmann, 0% turnout (okay 21% + postal voters, but still...)
I have much prettier results!

Any idea why it's such a (pretty) blowout?
Green voters came through for Feldmann anyways just as I expected, FAG voters did actually come through for Feldmann as I didn't expect. Those South Sachsenhausen precincts are deep black when the airport's not an issue. And then... uh... what, exactly? My personal ideas on what drove (comparative) youth turnout in the first round look to have been accurate - more of an anti Rhein vote than anything else, for all of the minor candidates. I mean, this is the state interior minister after all. I know what the Ultras think of him... Grin

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »
Ignore

And Feldmann did actually win Westend North. By six votes and all, but still. Unterliederbach, too, and almost won Berkersheim.

Also, the last dozen precincts are annoying me by not coming through.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:14:54 pm by We are the 376! »Logged

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:20 pm »
Ignore

Final result. 57.4%. 35.1% turnout. My mom's new precinct on the very edge of official North End where nobody would ever think themselves not in Bornheim was one of Feldmann's strongest in the entire city. 77.2%. (That special Ginnheim precinct gave him 82%, though.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:29:07 pm by We are the 376! »Logged

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2012, 12:32:10 pm »
Ignore

Westend South, Zeilsheim, Sossenheim, Berkersheim, the four in the north. That's it. Anything else is a sea of red.

Some of these places haven't been carried by the SPD since the mid 70s, if then.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2012, 12:35:29 pm »
Ignore

Meanwhile, the CDU repeats its win in the city of Saarbrücken.

By 2 votes.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »
Ignore

Things repeat on the Saar... the last few municipalities just don't want through. Worth noting the Greens are on 5.1% right now with Saarbrücken and Saarlouis already in.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »
Ignore

Not going to bother with how the seat distribution will work out, so here's just the top two candidates from each of the three regional lists for the Pirates.

and definitely not least

EDIT: Removed the two people not elected.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:03:46 pm by the only minion for you »Logged

Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »
Ignore

OMG, a woman! Well, girl. Tongue
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:23 pm »
Ignore

Btw, I still find it hilarious that the first (and perhaps only) Pirate woman who would enter the state parliament in Schleswig-Holstein is former Green federal chairwoman Angelika Beer.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2012, 01:18:23 pm »
Ignore

How comes turnout figures are so abysmal ? Is it commonplace in German mayoral elections ?

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:39 pm »
Ignore

Official result for Saarland was just proclaimed.

CDU 35.2%
SPD 30.6%
Left 16.1%
Pirates 7.4%
Greens 5.0%
Family Party 1.7%
FDP 1.2%
NPD 1.2%
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »
Ignore

Notable Saarland figures:

- FDP beats the NPD by 267 votes and therefore manages to come in seventh instead of eighth. Tongue

- Precise result for the Greens is 5.039%.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »
Ignore

Pretty sad state for a party that fights with the NPD ... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2012, 01:33:41 pm »
Ignore

Majority for SPD-Left by 1.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

P
View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »
Ignore

Pretty sad state for a party that fights with the NPD ... Tongue

It's the third worst result ever for the FDP in state elections. (The worst results were 1.1% in Thuringen and Sachsen in 1999. That year the FDP had 2.6% in Saarland, btw)
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:57 pm »
Ignore

Notable Saarland figures:

- FDP beats the NPD by 267 votes and therefore manages to come in seventh instead of eighth. Tongue

- Precise result for the Greens is 5.039%.
Well, drat. And drat.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »
Ignore

How comes turnout figures are so abysmal ? Is it commonplace in German mayoral elections ?

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »
Ignore

It's not as if the office is all powerful or anything. Or as if Hesse had a tradition of direct mayoral elections that predated the tradition of low turnout in lesser elections - things may sometimes be different in rural settings, but in the cities and the suburbs mayoral elections have the lowest turnout of all.

(And I think that if the CDU had gone with someone less prominent and thus divisive, treasurer Uwe Becker, say, they would have won this election. On an even lower turnout.)

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2012, 02:36:58 pm »
Ignore

It's not as if the office is all powerful or anything. Or as if Hesse had a tradition of direct mayoral elections that predated the tradition of low turnout in lesser elections - things may sometimes be different in rural settings, but in the cities and the suburbs mayoral elections have the lowest turnout of all.

(And I think that if the CDU had gone with someone less prominent and thus divisive, treasurer Uwe Becker, say, they would have won this election. On an even lower turnout.)

It's funny how it's basically the reverse in France. Turnout in 2008 mayorals was around 65%, for 2010 regionals it was below 50%.

It really is.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »
Ignore

Fun fact: in the 2001 runoff, turnout rose in exactly one neighborhood - the Riederwald - and the CDU score actually fell in exactly one neighborhood - Sindlingen.
In the 2012 runoff, turnout rose in exactly one neighborhood - Bockenheim this time - and the CDU score actually fell in two. The Riederwald. And Sindlingen.
I wonder if there's some kind of crazy explanation or it's just random.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »

It's funny how it's basically the reverse in France. Turnout in 2008 mayorals was around 65%, for 2010 regionals it was below 50%.

France is one of the few European countries which still gets over 50% turnout in local elections afaik.

Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »
Ignore

Since their success in the Berlin state election last September, party membership of the Pirates has nearly doubled (from 12,000 to 22,000 members). Meaning they're now one third as large as the Greens or the FDP. We'll see what effect Saarland has.
DL
YaBB God
Canada
View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:10 pm »
Ignore

What sort of government is likely to be formed in Saarland? Red-Red or Grand Coalition?
Judäischen Volksfront
exnaderite
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2012, 10:29:37 pm »
Ignore

How lackluster does FDP leadership have to be, for their party to barely beat the Nazis for seventh place? I thought the Liberal Party of Canada set the world record for terrible party leadership.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:05 am »
Ignore

New Bayern poll by TNS Emnid for "Focus" magazine:

46% (+3) CSU
20% (+1) SPD
13% (+4) Greens
  8%  (-2) FW
  5% (+5) Pirates
  2%  (-6) FDP
  6%  (-5) Others (incl. Left Party)

http://www.focus.de/magazin/kurzfassungen/focus-13-2012-umfrage-csu-in-bayern-bei-46-prozent-patt-mit-der-opposition_aid_727567.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout