2012 Elections in Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:49:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2012 Elections in Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Elections in Germany  (Read 115267 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »

No chance of SDP/Green?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »

The FDP actually gaining seats somewhere!?!?!?!

What is this madness?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »

It looks like Germans aren't too thrilled with austerity either.

I wish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_German_federal_election
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »

In the UK, the Tories were supposed to win in a big landslide and Labour was supposed to be crushed, instead it ended up being a weak Tory minority and Labour suffered much milder losses than anyone expected...every time you think you have a pattern, something contrary happens. One thing that is about 99.99999% certain is that there will be no more rightwing CDU/FDP coalition in Germany aft the next election. The best Merkel can hope for is that she shifts over to a centre-left coalition with the SPD and they will get wayy more cabinet seats than the FDP currently has since they would have close to have of the combined CDU and SPD vote.
Lol if the SPD agrees to that then can there be any doubt that they will be drubbed massively in 2017? 

It'd be that or for them to stay in opposition and look like wreckers as Merkel tries to talk with the Greens and the Pirates and it goes without saying that there'll be no Black-Green-Pirate coalition.

Saying that, there's still hope that the SDP could finish first, or their could be some kind've SDP-Green majority, right?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »

New Forschungsgruppe Wahlen poll shows the SPD at the highest level in 2 years:

34% CDU/CSU
32% SPD
13% Greens
  7% Pirates
  5% Left
  5% FDP
  4% Others

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/index.htm

Edging closer to a red-green majority as well.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »

Oh.  The post was near the top if you check "Kraft Merkel" in Google news.  I just assumed it was new.  But I just checked it, and I guess you're right. 

It's from June 15th according to Wikipedia
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:24:29 AM »

Am I right in assuming that this'll be Merkel's last election? By the next election, it'll be what? 12 years?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »

The current government 'represents' 59.1% of the voters. Granted it's not very good representation.

Yeah, it's fair to say the current government bucks the trend on those terms, for a number of reasons however I'm not convinced it's any more democratic (I think I'd be in the majority arguing it's less so - and I'm someone who largely envies continental PR coalitions).

Of course it's less democratic. 59.1% may have voted for the governing parties but neither voted for a coalition or with the idea or assumption of a Conservative-Liberal coalition as they put their cross on the ballot paper. And even worse again, the coalition is governing not on a manifesto, but on a coalition agreement which didn't even exist when Britain voted.

That's how our coalition's different from a European one. We just assumed the Tories would get elected to a minority and stumble on for a few months until another election. European countries (I presume), like Germany, make assumptions about what tone of government their vote will produce - Green voters knowing that their vote will probably be used to form a red-green government, FDP voters assuming a black-yellow.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

I think it's hilarious that despite the unpopularity of the governing coalition the CDU and FDP combined still manage to attract as much support as the red-green alternative percentage-wise.

It's all about Merkel.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies