Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:54:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13252 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »

Liberals are so open-minded and tolerant until they find out there are different ideas than their own.

I have been neither vulgar nor inappropriate. If you want vulgar and inappropriate on this subject matter, try having this conversation with African-American Democrats in Detroit.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2012, 08:07:03 PM by Politico »

I don't want to live on this planet anymore if people really believe that social darwinist, biologically deterministic, hippy-dippy "we're all just animals" f-cking bullsh-t.

Just find out what makes you happy without hurting others, and don't worry about the rest of society. Never ever forget: We're not all in this together.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

Liberals are so open-minded and tolerant until they find out there are different ideas than their own.

I have been neither vulgar nor inappropriate. If you want vulgar and inappropriate on this subject matter, try having this conversation with African-American Democrats in Detroit.

Oh that old stupid fallacy.  People on the left -- "liberals" do not constitute the whole left y'know -- aren't intolerant of other views.  We're intolerant of stupid bigoted horsesh-t.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »

It's worth noting that not everyone who is....errrr....taking issue with your posts is a liberal.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »

Ian shall rule our glorious land with his benevolent iron fist.

Though the only problem would be that I can't be a troll anymore.

I too have had my Ian run-in... no.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »

I consider you claiming that I will never be accepted in society (without any real evidence or convincing testament), and that implying that I should move to New York, San Francisco, or some other "sanctuary city" if I want to be accepted, sort of inappropriate and vulgar on your part.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »

That's a pretty radical position for a politician to take. The vast majority of Americans believe that two gay parents would foster a positive and supportive environment for children.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »

I am certainly not so naive as to think homosexuals will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is, for example.

In what sane place is prefering pepsi over coke acceptable? That's just wrong. What if suddenly a majority of people started drinking pepsi instead of coke? Coca Cola would go bankrupt and we'd all be forced to drink pepsi instead.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »

Will homosexuals and heterosexuals at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when open homosexuals stuck to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York?

Fair or not, and I certainly have no problem with homosexuals or homosexuality unlike most folks I know, homosexuals will never be embraced by society at large to the degree they fantasize about. Unfortunately, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are heavily concentrated. The best they could have ever hoped for was having their own mecca in San Francisco. AIDS kind of prevented that, I guess.

That's trolling and you're kicked for a week.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »

Will homosexuals and heterosexuals at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when open homosexuals stuck to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York?

Fair or not, and I certainly have no problem with homosexuals or homosexuality unlike most folks I know, homosexuals will never be embraced by society at large to the degree they fantasize about. Unfortunately, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are heavily concentrated. The best they could have ever hoped for was having their own mecca in San Francisco. AIDS kind of prevented that, I guess.

So you would support rounding up all the gays and sending them to SF, LA and NYC? Maybe in nice little camps?

No, I would prefer homosexuals being openly accepted in society at large, but that is never going to happen

"Well, I have nothing against negroes, but integration is never going to happen"
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »

I am certainly not so naive as to think homosexuals will ever be readily accepted into the mainstream the way that preferring Pepsi over Coke is, for example.

In what sane place is prefering pepsi over coke acceptable? That's just wrong. What if suddenly a majority of people started drinking pepsi instead of coke? Coca Cola would go bankrupt and we'd all be forced to drink pepsi instead.

Pepsi is un-American. Everyone is Cokist.

Seriously, stop with these useless theoreticals.

YOU SCARED THE FRIGGIN BEJESSUS OUT OF ME!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »

I don't claim to be tolerant.  I certainly don't tolerate bigotry or prejudice, and I'm more than willing to call out disgusting and idiotic notions when they're expressed.  Perhaps why I tend to be far more comfortable around gay men than straight ones, on average.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

So you would support rounding up all the gays and sending them to SF, LA and NYC? Maybe in nice little camps?

No, I would prefer homosexuals being openly accepted in society at large, but that is never going to happen

"Well, I have nothing against negroes, but integration is never going to happen"

I'm pretty sure you could take all of Politico's posts in this thread, change the context, and it'd be seamless.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »

I consider you claiming that I will never be accepted in society (without any real evidence or convincing testament), and that implying that I should move to New York, San Francisco, or some other "sanctuary city" if I want to be accepted, sort of inappropriate and vulgar on your part.

Well, I am sorry you see it that way. I didn't make this world. I'm just trying to describe it the way I see it from my vantage point. I certainly wish it were different. There is absolutely no reason why people should have hostility towards homosexuals like Santorum and others do. But they do, and I am not sure things will ever be for homosexuals in society at large the way that they are today for African-Americans, for example. The way I see it, and I certainly do not like this, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are most heavily concentrated. That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were in the late 1970s where most homosexuals either kept a low-profile or moved to San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure you could take all of Politico's posts in this thread, change the context, and it'd be seamless.

If racial issues are identical to sexual issues, can you explain why support for even gay marriage is so low among African-American Democrats?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »

If I was trolling, you'd know it. I know how to troll, and this is NOT trolling.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

If I was trolling, you'd know it. I know how to troll, and this is NOT trolling.

That's trolling. Don't troll.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »

That's trolling. Don't troll.

Ian, I'm telling you, it was my brother who posted about that "PESTO CRUST PIZZA", not me. Why don't you respond to my emails?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

This thread is why the 2012 board has a... poor reputation.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »

The way I see it, and I certainly do not like this, negroes will always be treated as second-class except where they are most heavily concentrated. That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were before slavery where most blacks either kept a low-profile or moved to Africa.

We could do this all day.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 07:51:02 PM »

The way I see it, and I certainly do not like this, negroes will always be treated as second-class except where they are most heavily concentrated. That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were before slavery where most blacks either kept a low-profile or moved to Africa.

I support gay marriage. The leader of the Democratic Party, your party, does not. Furthermore, gay marriage is more staunchly opposed by African-American Democrats than any other group in America. Why is that?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

Well, I am sorry you see it that way. I didn't make this world. I'm just trying to describe it the way I see it from my vantage point. I certainly wish it were different. There is absolutely no reason why people should have hostility towards homosexuals like Santorum and others do. But they do, and I am not sure things will ever be for homosexuals in society at large the way that they are today for African-Americans, for example. The way I see it, and I certainly do not like this, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are most heavily concentrated. That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were in the late 1970s where most homosexuals either kept a low-profile or moved to San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles...

You just might be the worst poster on this entire site. If you don't like bis, gays, and lesbians, please just come out and say it and stop doing this "Well I don't like it, but everyone hates gays" bullsh**t.

If racial issues are identical to sexual issues, can you explain why support for even gay marriage is so low among African-American Democrats?

It is likely because African-American Democrats are generally very religious and therefore are probably pretty socially conservative.

You realize that African-Americans don't have to agree to gay marriage for it to be a similar issue, right? ..Right?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »

That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were in the late 1970s where most homosexuals either kept a low-profile or moved to San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles...

You do realise it wasn't like that back then.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2012, 07:53:21 PM »

I support gay marriage. The leader of the Democratic Party, your party, does not. Furthermore, gay marriage is more staunchly opposed by African-American Democrats than any other group in America. Why is that?

Then why are you doing this???
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »

Then why are you doing this???

Supporting gay marriage =/= being fine with gay people.

That's why I suggested that perhaps relations would be better if things reverted to the way they were in the late 1970s where most homosexuals either kept a low-profile or moved to San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles...

You do realise it wasn't like that back then.

Also this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies