Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:27:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13208 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: January 08, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

Way to shoot the messenger, guys.

I'm a bit more optimistic than Politico but he's not entirely incorrect.  No need to be willfully ignorant about prevailing trends.

I'd have aspired for a bit more tact in the delivery, but whatevs...
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »

Living in a society which has gone pretty far in tolerance I can say that it obviously isn't generally true that homosexuals can't be accepted in society. Sweden decriminalized homosexuality at about the same time as the US but today has gay marriage and being bigoted against gays is certainly more controversial than being gay.

FWIW, I think the same is mostly true here in the US, except in rural areas.  I'd consider Santorum's views to be a rather extreme outlier, the more common concern that conservative heteros have is that gay marriage would somehow "spoil" hetero marriage, particularly when viewed through a religious prism.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

Politico, you overstate the connection between genetic fitness and parental assessment of a gay child.  Trying to impute psychological behavior from some sort of scientist's-eye view of reproducibility is a significant error in your argument.  Fitness is merely a selective mechanism - if you were saying that people who a militantly anti-gay were more likely to produce offspring, and that was borne out by facts, and therefore gay-haters are selected for, you'd have a point.  But this "straights hate gays because of genetics" thing is pretty retarded on its face.  Put bluntly, people do not, in fact, think with their d**ks (DNA delivery systems).

That all said, there are a hell of a lot of gays.  Either they're not exactly selected against, or the genetics thing just doesn't have all that much to do with any of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies