Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13230 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 08, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »

Biologically, there is no point to life except surviving and reproducing. We are really just animals who happen to have the gift (or curse, if you want to depress yourself) of thought.

If I had my way then posts containing large amounts of reductionist, pseudo-scientific and pseudo-evolutionary bollocks of the type displayed above would get the poster in question immediately banned...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »

LOL at "I accept gays, they should just stick to three major cities" attitude.

Hey, I happen to have close ties to Los Angeles!

That justifies everything you're saying entirely!

How do you know whether or no I'm gay?

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Look!

Here's the ATTENTION that you do so very obviously crave!

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!

Hooray!

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Look at all the GLORIOUS ATTENTION coming your way!

YAY!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »

NOBODY on here has even proposed an alternative hypothesis to what I have suggested as being the foundation of homophobia.

Why does 'the foundation' (if there is even one) matter? It isn't as though it necessarily follows that homophobia now has anything to do with the original roots (supposing that they can be so readily identified) of homophobia in Western societies. There's certainly no reason to assume that the 'roots' of it must have some kind of fundamental biological meaning, and plenty of reasons to assume otherwise. Its certainly quite clear that the main factor behind modern Western homophobia is the fact that homosexuality implicitly challenges certain deeply held cultural assumptions about gender and gender roles in our society. There is certainly nothing obviously 'biological' to that, and anyone that thinks otherwise is certainly an idiot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because they want to have children, mostly. Sometimes there are also accidents. I'm sure that all of this was explained to you many years ago.

Because being a grandparent is objectively enjoyable on some level because it involves spoiling children, and that is certainly objectively enjoyable.

Mostly because you don't really want to end, and death is (no matter what religious beliefs you might or might not have) certainly some kind of end. Change is scary, as is finality. I really don't see what mortality has to do with homosexuality.

Deeply held cultural assumptions about gender and gender roles, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies