Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13245 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:53 PM »

Politico made it clear the prejudice he is describing is not his own view and he does have a point... most people my age and even my kids age especially her ein the South are very disturbed by homosexuality. Pointing out a prejudice does not make someone themselves prejudiced
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

Politico made it clear the prejudice he is describing is not his own view and he does have a point... most people my age and even my kids age especially her ein the South are very disturbed by homosexuality. Pointing out a prejudice does not make someone themselves prejudiced

You're in your late sixties, right? May I ask how old your kids are?

I think it's fair to be talking more about people your grandkids' age (if you have any), since they're the people who are undergoing the most shift and ending up with something like 70-75% acceptance of homosexuality and support for gay marriage.

I'm not as familiar with the South as you (obviously, since you live there), but I do have some familiarity with the greater Birmingham, Alabama area and from what I've seen the worst most people in their teens and twenties get these days is somewhat squeamish, and there are actually some settings--not many yet, to be sure, but some, and relatively easy to find if one tries--in the rural South, places like that one R+25 Congressional district or whatever the number is, where it's possible to be openly gay, which nobody would have expected even ten years ago.

Kids are all in 30s

I do not know anyone who would discriminate against a gay person... they are just disturbed or as you said "squeamish" Even 20 years ago, one of my project managers was gay- and this is in construction. He was a great man and great employee who sadly died  not long ago.  No one had a problem with him- he commanded respect of those he supervised. But there wer ejokes behind his back

There is a difference between someone finding homosexuality abnormal and someone who discriminates against homosexuals... the latter is unacceptable and the former is pretty common, that is what Politico was saying

For the record- I disagree with Santorum and I would rather see a child with a loving gay couple then a broken straight couple
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies